Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2016, 09:25 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
My New TT

We traded up to a new (leftover) Shadow Cruiser 195.

Actually very pleased with the trailer, room & quality (for the price). Seems to be a great fit for 2 oldsters.

The folks were bought from could not have been nicer.....but, they do not know the difference between clean & dirty, or ready and needs attention. That being said , I have spent a about a week cleaning, prepping, adjusting all the issues I encountered.

A switch exists under a slide cabinet....it did not seem to work anything. So, I called the dealer, spoke to the owner, just to ask what the switch was supposed to do? About an hour later, I got a call back from the receptionist, she said:" the owner doesn't know, the salesman doesn't know, and Joey, the tech, doesn't know what that switch is for". "But" she said, " why don't you wait until it gets dark, and turn that switch on...see if a light lights up?

I did that, and a hidden light in an underseat storage area lit up.

I recommend this for all, if , in fact, the receptionist at your servicing dealer is not familiar with the procedure
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2016, 10:02 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Congratulations on your new Shadow Cruiser. I wish you lots of luck and many happy miles and adventure with it. Seems like all RVs have a mystery switch.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:04 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Have a great time and enjoy!
Mike & Karen. 2012 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 34 SBD, Toad is a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, Copperhead Pearl . Blue Ox base plate with Roadmaster Nighthawk towbar with RVibrake2 Auxiliary Braking System and EEZTIRE TPMS. CHF, rear track bar and Safe T Steer. FMCA Member.
SmokyRV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:17 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Have fun.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
LittleHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 07:37 AM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Congrats and safe travels!
TST 507 TPMS system
N9GUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 09:23 AM   #6

Congratulations. I think you will like your Shadow Cruiser. I bought it 210 WBS Fun Finder also made by Cruiser we love ours it's a 2011 and would not trade it for anything. It's right size for are two oldsters. I have tweaked it to fit what the better half and I like , being we like to Boondock, or dry Camp as they called. I did add two batteries. should have went for . 2 6 volts. These batteries are a little over 3 years old now so I will wait till they wear out and then make that modification. enjoy have a great time with your new camper. maybe we'll see you then the road someday... Dusty
dustyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 03:06 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
See you down the road!
2015 Winnebago Minnie 2101DS travel trailer & Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 300 watts of WindyNation solar (parallel) with MPPT controller, 2 Trojan T-125s, TALL flagpole and a great attitude…SoCal based. Perfer USFS, BLM, COE, USF&WS, NPS & state park campgrounds.
LarryW21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 03:29 PM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deny View Post

Actually very pleased with the trailer, room & quality (for the price). Seems to be a great fit for 2 oldsters.

The folks were bought from could not have been nicer.....but, they do not know the difference between clean & dirty, or ready and needs attention. That being said , I have spent a about a week cleaning, prepping, adjusting all the issues I encountered.

A switch exists under a slide cabinet....it did not seem to work anything. So, I called the dealer, spoke to the owner, just to ask what the switch was supposed to do? *snip*

I recommend this for all, if , in fact, the receptionist at your servicing dealer is not familiar with the procedure
Congrats on the new Cruiser!

Maybe that receptionist was as good as gets around there.
ModestMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 04:43 AM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
May be too early to think of mods, but I was cleaning up a set of bookmarks this AM. I had set this aside and noticed he had modded a Shadow Cruiser.

Hope this is helpful!
Old 12-04-2016, 12:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyone View Post
Congratulations. I think you will like your Shadow Cruiser. I bought it 210 WBS Fun Finder also made by Cruiser we love ours it's a 2011 and would not trade it for anything. It's right size for are two oldsters. I have tweaked it to fit what the better half and I like , being we like to Boondock, or dry Camp as they called. I did add two batteries. should have went for . 2 6 volts. These batteries are a little over 3 years old now so I will wait till they wear out and then make that modification. enjoy have a great time with your new camper. maybe we'll see you then the road someday... Dusty
+1 on the 6vs! Smartest thing I did when it came time to change out batteries.
Old 12-05-2016, 05:24 AM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deny View Post

A switch exists under a slide cabinet....it did not seem to work anything. So, I called the dealer, spoke to the owner, just to ask what the switch was supposed to do? About an hour later, I got a call back from the receptionist, she said:" the owner doesn't know, the salesman doesn't know, and Joey, the tech, doesn't know what that switch is for". "But" she said, " why don't you wait until it gets dark, and turn that switch on...see if a light lights up?

I did that, and a hidden light in an underseat storage area lit up.

Took me a while but I finally caught on that somebody was resurrecting threads from months to over five years ago. So I guess your travel trailer isn't new anymore as you posted this thread back in July

So are you ready for some more mods or have you done some already yourself?
Old 12-07-2016, 11:17 AM   #12

Jayco Owners Club
My first one was a Shadow Cruiser and it was a good little trailer... just too small for us. We're on our third (last) TT now and having a good time with it. Enjoy!!
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote