Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2011, 08:05 PM   #1

Need help identifying camper

I got this old camper from a friend. We have no idea what manufacture it is and would love it if someone here could help us ID it. Here is what we do know. Its 15' from bumper to hitch, all aluminum, and it had a stove that said Holiday on it. There is no VIN and no other identifying marks Thanks!

beachbumch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2011, 08:25 PM   #2

Lordy have seen several over the years but can't remember what the brand is. there was quite a few around Virginia around the mid 60's
RVhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:48 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I have no idea what it is. Someone posted in the last 6 weeks a web site with a whole bunch of older trailers that had been fixed up. Its a group of ladies and the club has something to do with cowgirls. I'm sure if someone where to post that web site again, thought I bookmarked it, guess not. I'm sure someone on that site could identify it for you.

I found the web site. Look in the sisters on the fly web site you will see some beautiful vintage trailers. They should be able to help you also

jack
Jack R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:11 AM   #4

Thanks for the reply. I checked out sisters on the fly website and out of all those vintage campers, mine wasnt in there. LOL In case anyone else needs to identify a camper, here is the link Cowgirl Caravan Trailers

Anyone else have any info?
Old 02-14-2011, 06:59 AM   #5
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
You say that you checked out Sisters On The Fly, but did you post your picture, or send a email with the picture to one of them? If they are into old campers, just seeing it may be enough for one of them to identify it. Or send a link to this thread with the picture posted.

Good luck.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:07 AM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Just a suggestion - if you haven't already, you might ask here in the Vintage RVs forum. Someone there might be able to help - they might not see it up here in the general towables section.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:51 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
It has the general style of trailers made by PIERCE-ARO TRAILER MFG. INC. El Monte, California. You might find some help if you search the web for those makes.
Dadeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:10 AM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Vintage Travel Trailer

It is difficult to determine some makes with a single photo, but just based on this one I think it may be a Feild and Stream.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:33 AM   #9

Thank you everyone for the help! Im going to start restoring this camper soon and was gathering as much info on it that I can find. If anyone else has any info, I would greatly appreciate it.

Here is an inside picture

Old 02-16-2011, 05:20 AM   #10

iRV2 No Limits Club
I would be willing to bet some one on the T&TTT forum could tell you, and you would be able to find restoration advice. Teardrops & Tiny Travel Trailers :: Index
Shadowcatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:22 PM   #11

Just wanted to update this thread because I found out the make of the camper. It was manufactured by Open Road Campers out of St.Petersburg Florida. I uncovered a plate by the door that had paint on it and there it was. Ill be putting some updates pictures up this weekend. It has changed a lot!