Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2016, 07:23 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Need Keystone Black Tank Info

We have a 2013 Keystone Passport. Our previous rv was a motorhome and the toilet was centered over the black tank and when the stool was flushed the contents dropped straight down into the black tank. The Keystone appears to have an elbow and the stool contents do not drop straight into the black tank. Is this correct? Doesn't make sense to me, but we had a toilet paper clog last year and I had to stir things around while flushing to break loose. I will make sure to only use rv toilet paper with this unit, hopefully it will help. We used Angel Soft with the motorhome (advise from the salesman) and never once had a problem in the ten years we owned the unit.
calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2016, 08:25 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by calico View Post
We have a 2013 Keystone Passport. Our previous rv was a motorhome and the toilet was centered over the black tank and when the stool was flushed the contents dropped straight down into the black tank. The Keystone appears to have an elbow and the stool contents do not drop straight into the black tank. Is this correct? Doesn't make sense to me, but we had a toilet paper clog last year and I had to stir things around while flushing to break loose. I will make sure to only use rv toilet paper with this unit, hopefully it will help. We used Angel Soft with the motorhome (advise from the salesman) and never once had a problem in the ten years we owned the unit.
It depends on the design and layout. I have seen it both ways. The key is to use RV TP and plenty of water in the bowl.
Offcamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:23 AM   #3

I second plenty of water!
Nut4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 10:00 AM   #4

Yep, lots of water.
parkerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 03:03 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Angel Soft and plenty of water. I fill the bowl, flush, and then usually flush a full bowl again. Water is a solvent that helps break down the solid waste.

Mine drops straight down into the tank, but yours is the first complaint I have heard of Angel Soft causing any problems for anyone.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by calico View Post
I did a jar test. My home TP disolve instantly into a powder state and my RV TP into flakes. True story. I will only be using my home TP from now on. It's PUREX btw. True story.
TheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 05:01 AM   #7

CORRECT--- water is your friend when flushing an RV toilet!!!!!!
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:00 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Thanks, I was surprised the stool water didn't drop straight down into the black tank, seems like a poor system to me. I'll have to try the jar test with home tp and the rv tp.

I can understand using extra water for flushing, but when you don't have full hookups and need to conserve, this may be problematic.
calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:51 PM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
When I'm boondocking, I can usually find somewhere to buy water by the gallon, usually at a grocery store or walmart. I can haul fifteen gallons back to put in the fresh water tank.
Old 06-02-2016, 08:31 AM   #10

We went from a Class A to a 2014 Keystone Passport 3320BH and experienced the same thing. We found out in a hurry that RV TP was required to not clog the thing, where before we used whatever we wanted.

It's a little annoying, but once you get past the TP change, we haven't had too much issue. It is a odd design choice.
MagnaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, tank