Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #1

New guy yelling HELP!! Me please,please

Okay here's the story I was given a Corsair and the only ID I have found is a small tag on the frame C-27-H and a 17 digit number which I believe is the equivalent of a cars VIN number.
Folks Please!!!! look at the pics I just uploaded in this part of the forum and if anybody has any info please come forward aprox. year anything!!!! please.

Okay before you guys think I'm an idiot here's the story.
the reg. owner left it behind when he moved to Fla. Giving his landlord a bill of sale that he has since lost. So no previous reg the build sheet with the year gvwr and so on is all gone. now I understand that Corsair ended in 2005
just Beautiful

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2012, 11:20 PM   #2

Try calling your local DMV and having a vin inspection done on the number you found. Go from there. If they'll tell you the titled owner you may be able to locate them and have them sign it over to you. I've done it on a couple of old motorcycles before. It's a crap shoot but worth a try.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:59 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

The Corsair TT was built by General Coach in Ontario. General Coach was owned by Thor Industries until 2010 when they stopped producing RV TTs. But the new owners were still in business after Thor sold them in 2010, selling "park" model TTs. Maybe contact them and see if they can point you to any info?
General Coach
Grumpy ole man with over 50 years towing experience. Now my heaviest trailer is a 7,000-pound enclosed cargo trailer, RV is a 5,600 pound Skyline Nomad Joey 196S, and my tow vehicle is a 2012 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost SuperCrew.
SmokeyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #4

rearing the hair time

Well went to the D.M.V. (dept. of mental vegetables) Okay the broken peace of plate is CT. and the bolts are still tight well taking the info and a pic of the tag it seems this thing hasn't been registered in sooooo long there is nothing found on the computer just beautiful
Old 12-13-2012, 07:38 PM   #5

Old 12-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ok, here is a thought.. The VIN DECODERS on the net are not much good on trailers but there is one thing that they will likely get right.

On a 17 digit vin the digit in the middle (Ninth) is ... Meaningless to you (it means something to a computer but not to you)

The one right before it (8th) is the vehicle year... As I recall (And this is a reusty recall) Alas, I do not recall exactly when they started but I THINK A is 1980 At some point they went to the last digit of the model year (2000 I think) and then back to A 10 years later. NOTE it's been a decade since I had to know this stuff and last saw the blasted book.

But the VIN DECODERS VIN View /// AnalogX Might do the year for you.. Or it may give you a choice of years.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #7

Years ago when I lived in Iowa I was interested in an abandoned car that hadn't been registered/licensed in decades. The state had a proceedure for getting a new title. I'd check to see if your state has something along this line. I think hot rodders still do this for their barn find gems.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
You will have to get a title to get tags to be able to tow it...

and then the repairs can start when everything breaks . leaks

good luck with it !
Old 12-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
In Texas there use to be a procedure to re title a vehicle or title a "home built trailer". I don't know if there still is such a procedure or if other states might have it, just a thought. Good luck.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
You will have to get a title to get tags to be able to tow it...
Not necessary true. SOME states, if the trailer is less than so many pounds, or so many dollars (Laws vary from state to state) Do NOT require titles..

Of course the number of pounds or dollars and even the existence of such an exception varies from state to state.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
I guess it depends then...

but a TT would seem to always need tags - can't imagine a state that would not try for some fees every chance they get

and I'm just basing that on my little utility trailer that I haul my lawnmower on needs tags and it weighs less than 1000 lbs I'll bet ....
Old 12-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
I guess it depends then...

but a TT would seem to always need tags - can't imagine a state that would not try for some fees every chance they get

and I'm just basing that on my little utility trailer that I haul my lawnmower on needs tags and it weighs less than 1000 lbs I'll bet ....
My lawnmower utility trailer in MN gets a one time sticker and then you never deal with it again. But, a TT does require a title, a plate, and a yearly sticker. The sticker is like 15 bucks a year.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #13

RI, I believe anything over 10 years does not need a title.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:27 PM   #14

Good to see you tow with 94 Burby. We have a 95, 7.4L and love it.