Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2017, 11:22 AM   #1

Smile New Member, Looking for help.

Hey everyone. I just signed up last week and I love this community. I have learned so much and will be a frequent flyer here. We are newly retired, live in central Ohio and want to see the country. Took one trip in our 2016 Aerolite 213 RBSL and had a ball. Couple thousand miles, great times and memories. The slide room got out of adjustment during the trip (off about an inch and a half due to a cable adjuster vibrating loose) I took it back to the dealer and haven't seen it for two months. I call, communicate etc but what appears to be a simple adjustment is turning into a nightmare. Is this the way the industry works? I've read multiple horror stories along these lines. Now what? Help!
Jakeman97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2017, 11:28 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Sooner, rather than later I would head over to the shop and talk to the service manager. Dealing with them face to face makes it more difficult for them to put you off. I would see what they have to say and then follow up with whatever they tell you.

If they suggest it will take a while you would have to make a value decision of if you believe their reasons. If not go to the manager or manufacturer.

A "simple" adjustment should be done quickly.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:34 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
When we first got our '02 Dutch Star DP the dealer had it for 113 days out of the first 205 days of ownership. Then tried to tell us they had repeatedly called us to come pick it up. My phone recorded the number of every call coming in whether answered or not and no calls from the dealer were recorded. They also claimed that Newmar wasn't sending the parts and Newmar said they were. That dealer is no longer a Newmar dealer and may be out of business now.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 11:35 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Yes, show up in person, early in the morning if possible. It should not take that long.
LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 11:38 AM   #5

Thank you for responding. I have been there 3 times and spoken with the service manager. We were promised it would be ready the next day two different times. The young man working on it seem to be a good person, but I think he is clueless as to the mechanics of the system etc. We obviously picked the wrong dealer to work with. Excuses went from out of adjustment to not staying in adjustment to stuck and not moving to cable maybe off track to motor failure, etc. If I don't get a call tomorrow, I will call the company directly. Thanks again.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:46 PM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Unfortunately, it seems that's the way a lot of dealers operate!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 08:35 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Showing up in the morning is a good idea. Ask for the service manager then the general manager. If you don't get satisfaction contact the BBB and the manufacturer.
TonyDi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:01 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeman97 View Post
Thank you for responding. I have been there 3 times and spoken with the service manager. We were promised it would be ready the next day two different times. The young man working on it seem to be a good person, but I think he is clueless as to the mechanics of the system etc. We obviously picked the wrong dealer to work with. Excuses went from out of adjustment to not staying in adjustment to stuck and not moving to cable maybe off track to motor failure, etc. If I don't get a call tomorrow, I will call the company directly. Thanks again.
If you have the time and it is not too far I would show up tomorrow morning. Ask them what the status is. When they say it should be done shortly tell them something to the effect that you will be back the following morning to pick it up.

I am a firm believer in keeping issues at the lowest level unless that is getting nowhere. Getting the service manager involved and telling him you will be back tomorrow to pick it up or see the status should prod him into getting it done so he does not have to deal with you.

Should not have to be done but sometimes the squeakiest wheel gets greased first.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:09 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't know if the manufacturer of your coach will do the same but when I had problems with our Allegro and our dealer Tiffin allowed me to take it to a dealer of my choice for warranty work.

I researched dealers in our area and chose the one with good reviews and they fixed the problem within a week after the other dealer had it for over a month and couldn't fix it.

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 03:56 PM   #10

Thanks Jon, I have taken everyone's advice and the dealer now promises it will be ready tomorrow. If it isn't ready at the prescribed time. I will immediately go the the manufacturer as well as the owner of the dealership.

Thanks and stay tuned,
Jake
Old 04-17-2017, 06:57 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Good Luck Jake.

Keep us updated on your progress.

You might want to bookmark this site for future use. It has come in handy for me while on the road.

RV Service Reviews

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 04:13 PM   #12

Great advice!

So I took every tip you all gave me and it took one day to get the trailer back and the slide works perfectly. I guess being a little more assertive got us moved up on the priority list. Thanks for everyone who took time to post. I am learning so much here.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:29 AM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeman97 View Post
So I took every tip you all gave me and it took one day to get the trailer back and the slide works perfectly. I guess being a little more assertive got us moved up on the priority list. Thanks for everyone who took time to post. I am learning so much here.
Glad it all worked out for you!
What ever happened to good customer service?????
wny_clipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:22 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Glad to hear it. Don't have to be obnoxious but persistence pays.

Tags