Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-25-2014, 09:42 PM   #15
Originally Posted by new2TT View Post
hi there
new to TT and probably my fault here. brought my jayco home for first time and used the power jack to level when off the grid - not sure if this caused the battery to discharge
Sounds like the dealer did not give you fully charged battery. Usually the battery is not installed until the customer buys the unit and then a new battery is installed. The battery should have been fully charged. If not, and the battery is old (sitting outside on the trailer for months without charging), then yes one use of the power jack could easily deplete the battery. I'd take it back to the dealer and ask why the battery is dead.

compatico is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2014, 10:23 PM   #16
thanks to everyone with the help. Turned out that it was a loose connection. water and fuses were good. charging was fine once i discovered that the connections were loose and fixed those!
Good thing is i learnt a lot and before my first trip.
getting set for my first TT trip this weekend!
thanks again.

newbie Rob
Jayflight 26BH; Toyota Tundra 5.7L
new2TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:50 AM   #17
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for the update, they are important.
John & Cathy R.
06 Pace Arrow 38L W24
08 Lincoln MKX AWD
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:33 AM   #18
Hah! As we say in the technical business, always check layer 1! , go figure it was the wiring.... Good to hear and have the best time you can as these times go by fast!
RVGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:56 AM   #19
Good luck on your first trip!!
Texastbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:52 PM   #20
Originally Posted by RVGuy1966 View Post
Hah! As we say in the technical business, always check layer 1! , go figure it was the wiring.... Good to hear and have the best time you can as these times go by fast!
Chuckle--I didn't realize folks in US checked layers anymore-I thought it was all offshore'd
2016 3500 6.7L DRW
2010 Starcraft 329BHU TT
bjlakatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:11 PM   #21
long story short, there are 7 layers to a network.

layer one is physical, ....etc... I will spare you the details.
RVGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:46 AM   #22
Fyi - Group 24 batteries are the smallest and weakest. If you have to replace it use a Group 29 battery. It will have 75% more reserve power than the small group 24.

Interstate Battery sells a new Group 24 for $100 and a Group 29 for $125.

To me getting the much better battery for only $25 more is an easy choice.

Also there is a Group 27 that is a between size.

Make sure the battery box is big enough or you will also need a larger battery box. A larger battery box may not fit in the existing brackets and you may need to move the brackets.

But to me, having the larger battery with more reserve power is worth it.

P.S. google 6v golf cart batteries. This is the best way to go but these cost much more and you will need two of them.

Good luck

Good luck
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:40 AM   #23
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good luck on your first trip.

Trashman 1998 winnebago adventurer 33ft. f 53 460 7.5 16in. Wheels. 2005 Harley Davidson duece
trashman1995 is online now   Reply With Quote

new member, battery