Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-01-2016, 09:26 PM   #1

New Owner of 2016 Wildwood 281QBXL

We just purchased our first TT and I have already done some "much needed" upgrades.[emoji16] I added 4 outlets (2 with dual built in USB ports) to accommodate the TVs/AppleTVs/Airport Express I also added that weren't included in the original build of the trailer. Replaced the outdoor kitchen faucet/bathroom faucet/kitchen faucet. Added backsplash to the kitchen and bathroom. Being a plumber by profession, I also found it necessary to build a filtration/pressure regulation system that I can connect easily with hose thread fittings. Replaced master mattress with a nice memory foam one, because the original was horrible. I also plan on replacing all of the interior lights with LEDs as soon as that order shows up. Here are are few pics. What do you guys think and any other suggestions are welcome.
yOGi805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2016, 09:43 PM   #2

I would have thought the interior lights would already be LED's in a 2016 model. I have a 2014 Palomino Puma and it had LED lighting inside. I did replace the exterior lights with LED's.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:08 PM   #3

Nice mods. I agree with KT4WEXTRA, I'm surprised that a 2016 model didn't have LED as standard together with the USB charging. I love the filtration mod, looks really well done. Bravo. I kinda did the same, nothing as classy as yours but I hung my filter to the frame using wing nuts etc, keeping things off the floor. Great to see your mods. Wish all the best!
TheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 06:05 AM   #4

I have been wanting to do some electrical upgrades also but fear if I have a warranty issue they could blame it on me messing with the electrical system. Think I will wait till the warranty expires.
willr2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:09 AM   #5

The electrical, 110v at least, is a joke in these things. There aren't junction boxes behind the outlets, it's incorporated in the outlet it's self. If anything, the changes I made were an improvement. They were done in a manner that meets building code standards. Where I made my tie-ins I removed the factory outlet and used a standard outlet with a "closet" (shallow wall) outlet box. Then under the counter in the outdoor kitchen I put a junction box to give more room to add additional outlet to the bunkhouse.
Old 06-02-2016, 09:46 AM   #6

BTW, the filters I used are 4.5" x 10" 5 micron whole house filters, 1st is a spun polypropylene sediment and 2nd is a premium coconut carbon block, in 1" housings. The regulator is a standard residential pressure regulator and added a pressure gauge to monitor it. With this set up I have no flow loss and anywhere we go the water will smell and taste better than any brita out of all fixture. That way we won't need to bring a bunch of drinking water with us.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:11 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yOGi805 View Post
BTW, the filters I used are 4.5" x 10" 5 micron whole house filters, 1st is a spun polypropylene sediment and 2nd is a premium coconut carbon block, in 1" housings. The regulator is a standard residential pressure regulator and added a pressure gauge to monitor it. With this set up I have no flow loss and anywhere we go the water will smell and taste better than any brita out of all fixture. That way we won't need to bring a bunch of drinking water with us.
Agreed. I put a sediment filter on the outside of the RV to filter ALL water coming in. Then one under the sink ONLY for drinking water (5 micron). I use the same filters AR my home RO system. This saves a lot on cost and hassle buying the right filter each time.
TheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:13 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix View Post
Agreed. I put a sediment filter on the outside of the RV to filter ALL water coming in. Then one under the sink ONLY for drinking water (5 micron). I use the same filters AR my home RO system. This saves a lot on cost and hassle buying the right filter each time.

The ones I used are similar, except a lot larger. I would recommend using a carbon block filter under the sink. That will change the quality of the taste a lot, over a sediment filter. I buy the by the case on Amazon and get a really good price that way.