Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2016, 09:18 AM   #1

New time site,question about lance trailers

New to site,
We are looking to upgrade from our Coleman tent trailer. Been going to r.v. shows for years. Found what we want, 2016 lance 2295. Looks like total remodel from 2015.
I have read on line that some people have had trouble with Lance. Trailer weight is ,4435 dry ,max 6000. Have 2011 f 150 ,
5.0 v8.
Anyone have any experience with Lance?
Thanks.
scrapperjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2016, 02:42 PM   #2

Lance by Starcraft(jayco)

We just bought a 2016 Starcraft Lance and I hope it is okay. We haven't camped yet so we don't know much about it. I pray that it is okay and that you will enjoy yours also. I will be pulling it with 2013 F150 v8 with a tow package. Let me know if you get yours and I will pass on info from this end as we being our travels.
cmcguire48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 03:15 PM   #3

No experience with lance, but I can give you some advise about towing. When you first get the trailer loaded with all of the family stuff, and trust me they will want to take everything they can, fill up the water tank and the truck with everything you will take on your trips. Once loaded go to a truck stop with a certified scale and weight it. Make sure you do not exceed the max weight of the trailer and most importantly the gross combined weight rating of your truck and trailer. Exceeding this weight is not wise! You will find lots of information on towing on this site. On the RV, look at the quality of construction, take some panels off, look under the sofa, under cabinets, take a pre delivery check list with you (you will find examples on this site) and make the dealer go through everything with you. If they don't want to do this, then walk away!

2003 Dodge 2500 Hemi, 2000 Arctic Fox 26J, Equal-izer Hitch, Jordon 2020.
Jeff Giannina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 05:43 AM   #4

Lance has a reputation for being a very good product. The model that you are looking is very close to being the same as the Winnebago Minnie 2201DS. I only mention this if you want to compare price and features. From what I see, the Lance is a more expensive trailer. Living east of the Mississippi River, we couldn't find any Lance dealers anywhere near us when we were looking for our trailer. If we could have, I certainly would have given a look at them. The Lance is a better cold weather trailer compared to the Winnebago. I also like the front window in the Lance along with wardrobes on both sides of the bed (Minnie only has one wardrobe on left side of bed). The Lance also has doors on the ends of the dinette for easy storage access whereas I had to build doors for my Minnie. The Lance has the large wardrobe/storage cabinet outside of the bathroom, where as it is in the bathroom in the Minnie (pros & cons to both designs).

Bottom line, the Lance should be a good choice. If you want to spend less and can be happy with the differences, the Winnebago is an option. It looks like there is around an $8,000 difference or more in price between the Lance and Winnebago. And, there are lots of other trailers with the same basic floorplan from other manufacturers that you could consider.
Once you've made your decision, enjoy!
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 01:13 PM   #5

The Lance 2295 is a nice trailer. We seriously looked at that one when we were shopping last Fall. The Winnebago 2201DS is about as close as I've seen to the Lance 2295. After all the negotiations, the Lance was $5,000 more than the Winnie Minnie and I couldn't see that much difference in value. We bought the 2201DS and have been very happy with it. No regrets. Happy hunting.