Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2017, 06:47 PM   #1

New to market small TT

I am giving serious thought to buying this new trailer. The Travel Lite Falcon F-20. Out the door price is roughly $14,500. I've looked at our R-pods, mini-lites, Econ, and various A frames. None touches this price. More important to me, the floorplan is perfect. I'm 6 foot tall and some of these beds are pretty tight, especially lengthwise. This one is just right.

What I don't know is the quality of this trailer. I could be living in it for 2 month road trips, at least twice a year. Moderate to warm weather.

Travel Lite Falcon Travel Trailer

Any insight and advice is greatly appreciated. I will be hauling it with a Jeep Wrangler. 3500 lb towing capacity.
Greg Schoenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2017, 09:32 PM   #2

Very interesting and well thought out. I know nothing about the the brand. We are very happy with our Econ 16RB especially since I'm about 6' 3". The walk around queen bed is a better fir for us.

Pretty exciting to see what the various manufacturers are coming up with in the sub 4,000 GVWR.

Good luck with your search. That is a great price.
DRKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 06:26 AM   #3

No advice, but looks interesting !!!!
Old 02-28-2017, 11:25 AM   #4

Interesting trailer. Some observations:

1) The bed is a "climb over". That is one person has to climb over the other to get in/out.
2) The fridge doesn't appear to have a freezer. Not a show stopper but it is surprising how handy a one can be. Especially for extended stays.
3) Not clear on the A/C situation. Hopefully it is a roof mount option.
4) Unless you are in a camp spot that includes a sewer hook-up, you will need to be dumping the grey water tank fairly often so plan on getting a tote.
5) No indication of the gross weight and cargo weight. Those are important to know. What matters for towing is the weight of the trailer with full LP tanks, fresh and waste water tanks and all your gear.
6) I would not tow this trailer with a Jeep Wrangler. The wheelbase of the wrangler is relatively short and it will be too easy for the trailer to throw the wrangler around.

Not trying to be negative. Just trying to provide some honest input.
blueridge-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 03:17 PM   #5

That thing weighs about the same as our old popup did, and it's a bit more streamlined than the average TT, so towing with just about anything should work. I wouldn't think that towing with a Wrangler would be an issue as long as it's within the Jeeps specs.
RPreeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 03:28 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Pretty impressive for the price. Two batteries and ample water/black and gray tank sizes.

Looks like it will do the job.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 04:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueridge-fl View Post
Interesting trailer. Some observations:

1) The bed is a "climb over". That is one person has to climb over the other to get in/out.
2) The fridge doesn't appear to have a freezer. Not a show stopper but it is surprising how handy a one can be. Especially for extended stays.
3) Not clear on the A/C situation. Hopefully it is a roof mount option.
4) Unless you are in a camp spot that includes a sewer hook-up, you will need to be dumping the grey water tank fairly often so plan on getting a tote.
5) No indication of the gross weight and cargo weight. Those are important to know. What matters for towing is the weight of the trailer with full LP tanks, fresh and waste water tanks and all your gear.
6) I would not tow this trailer with a Jeep Wrangler. The wheelbase of the wrangler is relatively short and it will be too easy for the trailer to throw the wrangler around.

Not trying to be negative. Just trying to provide some honest input.
Really appreciate the input.

1. Climb over is fine since it will it mostly be me. Friends can sleep in the convertible dinette.

2. Frig does have a freezer.

3. AC is window mounted...5000 btu. I'll be in the NW in the summer. AC is rarely needed on the green side of the hill.

4. I plan to use my outdoor plumbing as much as possible.....

5. 2450 dry weight. Doubt if I can or will haul 1000 additional lbs. Figuring 6-800 tops. Towing capacity is 3500 lbs.

6. I'd be hauling it with a 4 door Wrangler....longer wheelbase.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
Pretty impressive for the price. Two batteries and ample water/black and gray tank sizes.

Looks like it will do the job.
I called the company and spoke with the person who was involved with the creation to fruition of this trailer. He said no stone was unturned. Solid design and engineering. Stated he personally towed it on some trips and it towed like a dream. Very proud of the 18 inch wheels which adds stability and clearance. Also said these units are selling quickly.

I'm still in research mode but frankly, R-pods and other units I've seen are priced around $12,500 for two year old models. Couple of grand more, I get a new one with full warranty. Most important, I really like the floorplan.

But...since I'm still in research mode, is there another small, 3,000 lb or less TT I should be looking at?
Old 03-01-2017, 05:26 AM   #9

The trailer looks really nice for the price but I wonder about the durability of the aluminum skin. Is the aluminum skin as dent resistant as the traditional aluminum siding used on travel trailers? I'd hate to have a trailer that would ding too easily. If you are confident about the durability of the exterior, and it meets your needs...go for it!
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 02:08 PM   #10

Make sure on the dimensions for that queen bed. The women laying down in the photo has her knees bent and appears to be filling up most of that head to foot room. Unless she is really tall she is probably not 6'. If you can get in one and test for size you should be fine. Looks really cool and more functional than the Rpods. Good luck!
DanFromGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 09:19 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanFromGC View Post
Make sure on the dimensions for that queen bed. The women laying down in the photo has her knees bent and appears to be filling up most of that head to foot room. Unless she is really tall she is probably not 6'. If you can get in one and test for size you should be fine. Looks really cool and more functional than the Rpods. Good luck!
She is a tall lady. The coach is 6'6" wide. I'm 6 foot. Was able to stretch out just fine. Definitely a contracts between it and the other TT's I evaluated.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:23 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbwr View Post
The trailer looks really nice for the price but I wonder about the durability of the aluminum skin. Is the aluminum skin as dent resistant as the traditional aluminum siding used on travel trailers? I'd hate to have a trailer that would ding too easily. If you are confident about the durability of the exterior, and it meets your needs...go for it!
The engineer claims it's more durable than fiberglass. Also claims it will not fade like fiberglass. That claim is on their sales literature.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:51 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Schoenberg View Post
The engineer claims it's more durable than fiberglass. Also claims it will not fade like fiberglass. That claim is on their sales literature.
Well, if you hit the side of the aluminum with a rake handle, I bet you get a dent. Likewise, if you hit the side of the fiberglass you are likely to get a crack/chip. Park either one here in the FL sun for a year and it will look faded. My take on the exterior is that it all boils down to which look you prefer and how you take care of it.
blueridge-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 03:37 PM   #14

As to fading, I would never believe anyone saying that it won't fade whether it be aluminum or fiberglass. The time it takes to fade may vary due to how much UV exposure and the strengh of the exposure. The hot summer sun in the deep south certainly will cause fading at a more rapid pace compared to a trailer that spends it summers in Maine.

If you go with the aluminum skinned trailer, I think you just have to take the attitude that if it gets a few dings, it's not the end of the world. My Sunline trailer with aluminum siding ended up having a couple, but I would buy a trailer with aluminum siding if it was one I really wanted.
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote