Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2017, 06:12 PM   #15

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Most dealers don't do any PDI until the unit is sold. I have never driven off the lot the same day as the deal was made. And if buying off the lot I do my own PDI punch list as I go over the trailer with a fine tooth comb. I usually give the list to the shop manager. There have been two times where the unit was ordered and I did not get to go through it ahead of time. Sometimes you can get them to do minor fixes during your walk through. I would not have accepted the shower on that condition.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2017, 06:22 PM   #16

I refused to take possession of mine until everything I found on the PDI was fixed. And I went through every inch. They tried to talk me into taking it and making appointments to resolve the issues. I refused and ended up leaving it with them for more 2 days beyond my initial delivery date.

It may have helped that I complained to dealer management that the unit was not prepped for delivery as promised. The service department claimed they went through the whole RV to make sure everything worked and was up to expectations before delivery. Not the case. When I picked it up 2 days later, everything had been taken care of.

Old 05-19-2017, 11:23 PM   #17

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Sloppy moldings, missing screws, screws that missed their intended location, cracked plastic trim pieces where the screw gun sank to deeply. It's all apart of the "game". I call it a game because there may be 20 minor build issues. You might find 5-6 in your PDI and the other 15 show up as you get to know and explore your new RV further.

I think the one that bugged me was while accessing a interior panel near the metal wheel well the cut metal tabs were sticking into the trailer wiring. At some point that sharp edge could have cut or worn thru the wire and caused a short or fire??? I fixed a bunch of the minor issues myself because I'll make it right.

When I took delivery of my last tt I told them ahead of time I wanted the city water hooked up and was going to take 45 minutes to look over the unit. At one point they had 3 guys working on minor issues.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 09:46 AM   #18

Like some other poster posted one time. "I bought a trailer kit so I could finish building it" Or something like that. I think what you're seeing is the norm. From $14,000 to 'the sky's the limit', they all have something that's not right.
Old 05-23-2017, 06:45 AM   #19

And, no, do not expect automotive quality.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:03 AM   #20

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA-Jeff View Post
And, no, do not expect automotive quality.
So true, the RV industry is kind of like the old auto factories - but the production line is moving twice as fast and there are half the number of workers. I saw a video of a famous RV mfg showing a travel trailer built in less than 7hrs.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:06 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matfam1 View Post
Quality RV is an oxymoron, like military intelligence or a responsible government.
:-)

Tags
trailer