Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2016, 09:58 PM   #15

You're going to need a cord. If you're buying a new trailer I wood wonder why they don't have one in the sale? I bought a used one at Ralph's in Poland Ohio and they threw in a cord, water hose and sewer hose and weight distribution bar as well as wired my truck with brake control. I think you should check with them. ....Dusty.
dustyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2016, 10:14 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Big lists of stuff all good but not needed at first
If your buying a new trailer it will come with cords, hose , and sewer hose .. basically everything you need to camp at a established RV park. The dealer will supply this stuff ! I've never bought a new one that didn't ! You can certainly buy better , longer etc later but wait until you camp until you decide what you do and don't need. The parks will have a power post where you can plug the camper in ..the camper comes with a cord .. if your plugging in at home you'll need a 30 amp to 15 amp converter .. the dealer will probably give you this if you ask .
My point is don't get a bunch of stuff you may already get and waste money.. wait! The camper comes camp ready .. at least any dealer worth doing business with will set it up that way
Old 11-18-2016, 08:27 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
Big lists of stuff all good but not needed at first
If your buying a new trailer it will come with cords, hose , and sewer hose .. basically everything you need to camp at a established RV park. The dealer will supply this stuff ! I've never bought a new one that didn't ! You can certainly buy better , longer etc later but wait until you camp until you decide what you do and don't need. The parks will have a power post where you can plug the camper in ..the camper comes with a cord .. if your plugging in at home you'll need a 30 amp to 15 amp converter .. the dealer will probably give you this if you ask .
My point is don't get a bunch of stuff you may already get and waste money.. wait! The camper comes camp ready .. at least any dealer worth doing business with will set it up that way
The camper comes "camp ready" IF and only IF the dealer makes it so. The time to negotiate a "camp ready" TT is while you are at the dealership and are negotiating the price. Ask them if they will supply the sewer and water hoses and anything else you might need at no extra cost AFTER you get their best price offer. They may offer the supplies at a much reduced cost, you just have to go in knowing what you want with a list in hand.

When I bought mine they did an orientation and inspection on the trailer and then did a "parts orientation" which consisted of them sending me to their Parts Dept. and giving me a long list of recommended purchases and a big catalog. I looked at their list and told them I had most everything they recommended and I bought it at Amazon rather than pay their inflated dealership prices.

All of that to say this, you need to have a clear understanding of exactly what comes with the trailer. The electrical cord (30amp) will absolutely come with the trailer, it is shipped from the factory with it. Everything else is optional. The list that I put together and posted here is the result of a lot of research on my part and also the advice of my friend Badlands Bob. You'll need to research this and find out you need.
Krazy Kajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 11:09 AM   #18

I would also buy a nice 10/3 heavy gauge, outdoor extension cord to run from your house to your trailer.
Old 11-18-2016, 11:59 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1361 View Post
I would also buy a nice 10/3 heavy gauge, outdoor extension cord to run from your house to your trailer.
I concur.
I wasn't able to run my AC off a dedicated 20amp outlet using a 12/3 cord, the EMS kept shutting down due to low voltage. I upgraded to a 10/3 extention cord and was able to.
Nut4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 05:52 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Wow I have bought 4 new trailers at 3 different dealers and never been not "given" a sewer hose and water hose I guess there are some really cheap dealers out there ! Glad I haven't had the" pleasure" the OP defiantly needs to ask if he will receive those items before shopping. Heck I've even bought a used Motorhome and got those items. Guess I've learned something new today !
Old 11-18-2016, 06:18 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1361 View Post
I definitely need that, but don't know what I'm looking for. Do you mind providing an Amazon link to point me in the right direction?
Mayberry32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 07:10 PM   #22

Here's the one I bought.
Camco 55191 25' PowerGrip Electrical Power Cord with Handle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BUU5YU..._Nq7lyb6NX4CBJ
Nut4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 07:14 PM   #23

I bought a set of these mirrors for my F150

https://accessories.ford.com/exterio...ror-10320.html

[SIGPIC]sigpic160806_2.gif[/SIGPIC]
sd75mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 01:00 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry32 View Post
I definitely need that, but don't know what I'm looking for. Do you mind providing an Amazon link to point me in the right direction?
I had one already so I didn't need to buy one. They're pricey so don't get one longer than you need.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...extension+cord
Old 11-19-2016, 05:37 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nut4speed View Post
Here's the one I bought.
Camco 55191 25' PowerGrip Electrical Power Cord with Handle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BUU5YU..._Nq7lyb6NX4CBJ
Okay, just so I understand, Using this 10/3 extension cord, I plug one side into the TT, and the other side into the dogbone. I then plug the dogbone into the home outlet. Correct?

Also, I Have a 15/30 dogbone on order. Do I need a 20/30 dogbone or converter, also?
Old 11-19-2016, 05:56 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry32 View Post
Okay, just so I understand, Using this 10/3 extension cord, I plug one side into the TT, and the other side into the dogbone. I then plug the dogbone into the home outlet. Correct?

Also, I Have a 15/30 dogbone on order. Do I need a 20/30 dogbone or converter, also?
No. The 15/30 dogbone is the same thing. You just need something to convert the RV plug to a regular household plug. The size and length of the extension cord is what's important. You just won't be able to run the AC off the smaller circuit.
Old 11-19-2016, 07:11 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands Bob View Post
No. The 15/30 dogbone is the same thing. You just need something to convert the RV plug to a regular household plug. The size and length of the extension cord is what's important. You just won't be able to run the AC off the smaller circuit.
But I would be able to run the A/C off of a 20/30 dogbone? Do I just plug that into a regular extension cord? We may take the camper to family's houses when they are filled for holidays. So, I want to make sure I have the right thing to plug into their garage or outside outlets and be able to run the camper with full hookup. Sorry for being so dense.
Old 11-19-2016, 07:31 AM   #28

Probably not. You can try running the AC unit but I think you will blow the house breaker.

Tags
travel, travel trailer