Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2016, 11:45 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbleau6885 View Post
You went all out on the truck sharp interior what did and have had done to it. Good luck with the TT and towing is easy going straight it's back up that takes practice some have it some don't not over steering and learning to follow it back is everything once you get the hang off that you'll be alset
I wanted the Laramie Limited BUT you can have any seat colour option as long as it's BLACK. That's right, the top of the line truck has only one seat colour option and it's BLACK. Well I didn't want that, I fell in love with the seat option of the truck just below the Limited (Laramie Longhorn ). RAM do not and will not compromise and WILL NOT sell Limited with the beautiful leather Longhorn seats.

So I had to buy the 2016 Laramie Longhorn 5.7ltr Hemi with the seats I liked and upgraded everything to the Limited. I also ordered it with a towing package with the towing mirrors. However, I hated the chrome bumpers and the chrome cross rail at the front of truck.

So here are THE MODS SO FAR..

Changed chrome Front bumper to Outdoorsman and sprayed it body colour.

Changed chrome rear bumper to Sports and sprayed body colour.

Changed front chrome cross rail to outdoorsman and sprayed body colour.

Changed chrome RAM badges to black to get that perfect look.

Changed out front and back lights to the blacked out lights from the Sports model.

Changed the chrome step rail to BLACK step rail right up to rear fender.

Covered entire hood, fenders , all fender flares, lights, cross rails A Pillars with 3M film protection.

Changed stock tires to 8 ply ALL Terrain tires. Goodyear Wrangler SR-A is the type of tire. They are 275/60R20s.

Added Folding Toneau hard top cover. (omg I love this)

Added Cargo Management System.

Spray in body liner.

Had AIR RIDE added as an option to the truck. That is so much fun.

Adding K&N cold air intake for the growl. Not sure how much HP this will add but who cares, it will roar like a lion. This will be completed next week.

More 3M to be done next week.

I have a few more that I want to do but they can wait for now until I get the RV settled in.
TheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2016, 12:17 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBirch View Post
Nice Wheels !!

Good Luck !!

I feel your fear. I pick up my TT two weeks from today. Having never towed anything larger than a utility trailer, I am a little nervous as well. Not my first experience with an RV though, so, I should be alright with details that seem to overwhelm many newbies.

We took a little longer to put our rig together. We made the decision to get a TT two years ago. It only took a year for my wife and I to agree on the TV and we got a Dodge Durango a year ago. It only took one more year to pick a TT.

Michael
Well I didn't take as long as you. I took just about a year to decide on the perfect TT for us.

I have never towed anything, not even a utility trailer so nervous as hell lol.

Anyway, good luck with yours when you get it. Can't wait to see your rig! Post as Many pics as you can.
Old 04-30-2016, 12:30 AM   #17

Thor Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGene7001 View Post
Great looking truck... But as long as I can remember from my auto show visits, these well optioned, loaded Ram 1500s have a tendency to come with horrible payload capacity, even for a half-ton. Sometimes as low as 1000-1100 lbs. The worst was an Ecodiesel, with just 940 lbs. on the sticker!

Even though that is some times true for sure that Ram should still be will inline for that 1995 they bought.
Starbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 12:32 AM   #18

Thor Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix View Post
Well I didn't take as long as you. I took just about a year to decide on the perfect TT for us.

Anyway, good luck with yours when you get it. Can't wait to see your rig! Post as Many pics as you can.
It's surprisingly easy. Get the brake controller dialed in. Leave plenty of distance between you and the next vehicle and don't get in a hurry. It's kinda fun actually.
Old 04-30-2016, 12:56 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGene7001 View Post
Great looking truck... But as long as I can remember from my auto show visits, these well optioned, loaded Ram 1500s have a tendency to come with horrible payload capacity, even for a half-ton. Sometimes as low as 1000-1100 lbs. The worst was an Ecodiesel, with just 940 lbs. on the sticker!
I hear ya but my rv is only 4300lbs with probably about 400 on the tongue so I'm sure I will be fine for my RV.
Old 04-30-2016, 12:58 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbreaker View Post
It's surprisingly easy. Get the brake controller dialed in. Leave plenty of distance between you and the next vehicle and don't get in a hurry. It's kinda fun actually.
I must Remember that. Easy to forget how long I will be with the TV+RV. I will remind myself e to quadruple check every time!
Old 04-30-2016, 01:02 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwall62 View Post
Very nice. I just picked up my first tt yesterday and had to tow it 90 miles home, have never towed anything before either. Everything went great, just make sure you get tow mirrors , I would have had a lot more stress coming home without them. Don't count on the dealer having the right ones. My tt is 23' and I managed to back it down my 75' driveway that is only 10' wide fenced in on both sides. Took me 15 minutes, but I'm happy with that. I stopped at a big empty parking lot and practiced backing up 75' for about an hour, that helped. Good luck, have a blast.
Yes. I did get the tow mirrors but the disappointing thing is when you get trailer mirrors you lose the power folding option :(. However trailer mirrors trump the power folding. They virtually eliminate blind spots.
Old 04-30-2016, 01:17 AM   #22

Thor Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Yes. I did get the tow mirrors but the disappointing thing is when you get trailer mirrors you lose the power folding option :(. However trailer mirrors trump the power folding. They virtually eliminate blind spots.
My new baby Viking was made to be towed by SUV's and has a narrower track then standard. It's 7.3 feet wide compared to the usual 8'. I got tow mirriors thinking I'd need'em. Turns out with the narrower trailer I see the EXACT same thing on the Trailblazers mirrors as when I put the towing mirrors on...heh Have them though should I need em later.
Old 04-30-2016, 01:22 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbreaker View Post
My new baby Viking was made to be towed by SUV's and has a narrower track then standard. It's 7.3 feet wide compared to the usual 8'. I got tow mirriors thinking I'd need'em. Turns out with the narrower trailer I see the EXACT same thing on the Trailblazers mirrors as when I put the towing mirrors on...heh Have them though should I need em later.
Are your mirrors not split mirrors?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1462000937798.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	125628  
Old 04-30-2016, 05:22 AM   #24

Nice Truck ! Looking forward to seeing the TT !!! The only comment is that i see you got the Ram Boxes, as i do , if i did it again, i would not have, they severely limit the number of bed add ons and the price of the ones you can. I still like the extra secured storage space, but not worth the trade off, IMHO.
Old 04-30-2016, 08:08 AM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Love the truck, inside and out.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 11:10 AM   #26

Thor Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Are your mirrors not split mirrors?
No.. They are not split. They are, however, quite a bit more elongated then those. I'll have to take a pic. I can see the lane fully directly next to the trailer.
Old 04-30-2016, 01:32 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideandslide View Post
Nice Truck ! Looking forward to seeing the TT !!! The only comment is that i see you got the Ram Boxes, as i do , if i did it again, i would not have, they severely limit the number of bed add ons and the price of the ones you can. I still like the extra secured storage space, but not worth the trade off, IMHO.
I hear you. But I don't really need the bed space at all. Just need the convenience. I'm already loving them and full use for a week now. It's perfect for me. I won't be using the truck for any major hauling with anything in the bed etc.
Old 04-30-2016, 01:56 PM   #28

Quote:
Your comment caught my attention. Backing it up will be an experience for steering it the correct way. I've backed trailers for 20 years and I still use this technique.
Place your hand at the bottom of the steering wheel. Move your hand in the direction you want the trailer to go. Now you can do anything.

Tags
travel