Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2012, 07:04 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
New TT

Hi All

I was just thinking, since I’ve had so much trouble with our new tt I may trade it in on this vintage model.

It’s a two horse power model, not sure of the year, but it looks sound. And it will run on about six ears of corn a day.

Hitchpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2012, 09:57 PM   #2

Too Funny.

Don't I recall you had new JayFlight Swift during the winter? I remember reading a couple of your posts when you got it because that was just about the same time I was weighing the JayFlight Swift vs traditional JayFlight for our first TT purchase. We wen with the traditional JayFlight, so far so good --- fingers crossed it will hold up.

Now I see you have a Coachman. What happened? Why the Change? Did you have issues with the Swift?
Clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:30 AM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clubhouse View Post
Too Funny.

Don't I recall you had new JayFlight Swift during the winter? I remember reading a couple of your posts when you got it because that was just about the same time I was weighing the JayFlight Swift vs traditional JayFlight for our first TT purchase. We wen with the traditional JayFlight, so far so good --- fingers crossed it will hold up.

Now I see you have a Coachman. What happened? Why the Change? Did you have issues with the Swift?
When we got the Jayco Swift I washed and waxed it, covered it up and didn’t use it, this spring we uncovered it and my wife went inside and was looking around, that’s when we seen that we was gone to have to get a bigger one. My wife has Closterfobic real bad, when she was in the trailer I closed the door, and she just about lost it. When we looked at it for the first, the door was left open and the window coverings were open, so it was ok that way.

I sure wish that I would have got another Jayco, I don’t thank that I will keep the Coachman very long.
Hitchpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:05 AM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Jayco Owners Club
You post in jest, but we did just what you said.

Sold our 2003 Mobile Scout 30', great trailer, but a white plastic box.

Bought a 1983 Avion 34V. Wonderful trailer, superior build quality. Tows great, fuel mileage increased an average of 1.7 mpg.

We enjoy our antique trailer. Lots of folks drop by to check it our. Never had a problem getting into any rv park with the 10 year rule.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:42 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sounds like you got one that was built by the Hangover crew. How is Coachmen handling your issues?