Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #15

wincrasher

The Interstate Battery Salesman told me I don't want to know AH but rather Reserve Capacity (RC). The RC on the group 24 battery is 140 while the RC on group 29 battery was 210. He also said a group 29 battery could be discharged and recharged more times that a group 24.

I do not know the the relationship between AH and RC. Do you?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2013, 10:40 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
Check this out - both 2013 Vantage 25RBS. Different floor plan?

Which one do you like better and why?

#1 New 2013 Keystone VANTAGE Travel Trailers For Sale In Hendersonville, NC - ASH193115 - Camping World

#2http://www.campingworldofchicago.com/travel-trailer/2013/keystone-vantage/232239

The placement of the TV is switched from one end of the couch by the doorway to the other end of the couch by the bed.
Wow, looks like you discovered another prototype. I like the standard floorplan with the TV by the door. I think I'd like to have the interior protected from the doorway. Also, I think there is more space around the bed without having the cabinet there at the foot of the bed. If you want the bed area private, there is always the curtain.

Also, unless that TV spins around, you can't see the TV while laying in the bed.

I don't think I'd ever buy a prototype or pre-production example. My dad bought one once, and it was really a science project. Lots of cobbled together parts that ended up being alot of problems. That one he gave them back under lemon law - after the lawsuit that is.

Old 03-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #17

My deposit is on the odd ball floor plan. I like the more open floor plan better too. Place to hang jackets by the door. More light comes into the trailer and 95% of the time the curtain will be open.

But I will miss the graphic package. I am going to cancel 1st thing Monday...ugh.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #18

Ok - I have the ball rolling already. Texted the Chicago Camping World that the floor plan on the Vantage 25RBS was not what I nor DW expected. He looked and said 'Holy Cow' he never saw a 25RBS with the wall and TV placed where it was. He will work on refunding my deposit Monday morning.

Meanwhile DW sees a 2013 25RBS on eBay. The buy it now price was $1,500 less than the best price I could get. And it was Sonny's RV!!!. She hit the buy it now button and 15 minutes later I am on the phone with Sonny's.

Tomorrow need to do some paper work stuff, do a bit of banking stuff, and set up a time to drive to Concord NC to pick up the trailer. No graphics package...oh well.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:12 AM   #19

Do the Vantage trailers have a black tank flush? I can not find that option in any literature.

Thanks
Old 03-13-2013, 09:16 AM   #20

Yes. Should be the far right connection in the service bay.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #21

Wincrasher - thanks. I am having the dealer check on the graphics package. If it is a $500 or $750 option and if they can get it I think I will have them add it. It spiffs up the outside.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:42 AM   #22

Hey, see if he can get you a chrome full body vinyl wrap - that would spiff it up and make it look like a "you know what"
Old 03-13-2013, 10:00 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
I do not know the the relationship between AH and RC. Do you?
A good summary of batteries used in auto, marine and RV applications:

Pacific Power Batteries - About Automotive Batteries
Grumpy ole man with over 50 years towing experience. Now my heaviest trailer is a 7,000-pound enclosed cargo trailer, RV is a 5,600 pound Skyline Nomad Joey 196S, and my tow vehicle is a 2012 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost SuperCrew.
SmokeyWren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #24

Funny you should mention the 'you know what'. I was at the factory yesterday (only 72 miles away) just to see why so many issues with such an expensive trailer. The factory showed my fear. The 'YKW' is built the old fashion way. Mostly by hand. The factory was a mess with lots of parts all over the place. The average YKW has 1,400 rivets and I have never noticed this before but the outside skin is overlapped to be semetrical so if the trailer is towed in the rain there is a leading edge of aluminum that water has to go over....

To be fair this was my 1st trailer manufacturing tour so maybe all are like this.

I did work for 1 year at the two year old Honda plant in the early 90's in East Liberty Ohio. That factory was amazing. They could build 1,500 cars a day and make less mess that I could changing oil in my car. Also lots of accurate automation.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #25

wincrasher - you will like this video. It is a Walnut Ridge youtube of a 19UL. Probably yours. I was just poking around good ole youtube and found this by looking for a youtube of the 25 RBS which I also found.
2013 Vantage 19UL 300118 - YouTube
Old 03-21-2013, 11:34 AM   #26

Yep, that one is mine.