Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-07-2015, 10:45 AM   #1
Newbie 29FK 2012

Hello all from Alabama. Actually a transplant, been here for 25 years. Grew up in NJ. Did backpacking on the Appalachian trial, toured the USA on a NORTON back in 72 tent camping all the way, but now have come to my senses. Oh, I was a machinist and now install and fix CNC machines.
I am picking up a used 2012 Everlite 29FK. I noticed more than one of these on the forum. I will be towing with a 2011 GMC extended cab sierra with a factory heavy duty hitch on it. Andersen WDH so it will also have sway control. I have a bunch of goodies for it already such as Surge protector, water pressure regulator. Got a RV type GPS so I will not get stuck beneath a bridge.
My questions are: anything to look out for that is a known issue? I did download a 2013 general Everlite owners manual from the web site. Any one have or know who to get a wiring diagram from? A plumbing diagram? This to assist in repairs when needed. Are Chinese tires factory standard? If so has anyone had a issue with them? What did you replace them with?
What do you seal the roof with? A lot of campers seem to need constant roof care.
Are the Stabilizers 3/4 inch hex? And the wheel nuts? So i have the right socket on the torque wrench and cordless drill.
I hope to pick it up Thursday and drive it home Friday 360 miles. Might have some rain on the way.
Thank you in advance for answers. I wish you all a infinite amount of safe miles and fun.

machinetech is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2015, 10:57 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome to the forum. I've moved your post here to get the owner input you're looking for.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:19 AM   #3
I can only help with tires. I havd had 2 blow outs with chinese bomb tires. Lucky neither blowout damaged the trailer.

I switched to much better tires. Now I tow with confidence. Especially on a hot day.

I would recommend doing research and move up in tire quality. Get a name brand well established tire made outside of China.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 04:27 AM   #4
Welcome I just saw your post I hope everything went well with the pick up.
Skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 10:16 PM   #5
Yes, all went well. Pulled back in the driveway about 3:30 in the morning. Better to go through Atlanta at midnight. Much nicer traffic. Only issue we had was that although they filled the fresh water tank, it was bone dry. The dealer forgot to put the rank drain plug back in. Towed very well. Got about 8.6 mpg. All systems work. Very pleased with quality. Since I parked it in the driveway, I did find that the solar panel polarity was reversed. And that the battery is just about shot per the hydrometer. I even found every manual for everything in the camper in a folder in the camper cabinet. Our portable beach condo! Cannot wait.

machinetech is offline   Reply With Quote

element, ever-lite, evergreen, everlite, i-go, newbie