Congratulations! We did the same thing, we went straight to the campsite as well. I would be more than happy to share! I have my morning coffee so off we go!
1) Well we went back and forth. We sold out house and had some money, so it was either put money down, or buy it outright and be a little freer sooner. We chose the latter. We have a 2012 Jeep Liberty, so for the size, amenities, price and weight it was is perfect. I did like that it did not have a partition by the bed separating the bed from "living room" couch and table it just seems more open. The trailer pulls very nicely with our jeep though I would feel better later having a 3/4 ton truck. But the jeep does VERY well! Yes this is our first travel trailer but we had been to shows and studied up on them for 2 years prior(while fixing up the house). The issues I have with the kitchen is that I am 6'3 so if I am in the kitchen or bathroom the cabinets are kind of in the way of me getting to the sinks or stove. Frustrating but my wife, Jenn seems to excel in this area(she is short). So I stay outside and grill. But yes we kind of knew there could/would be potential situations if that side of the room needed to be utilized at the same time.
2) Our storage is still up in the air really. It's still trial and error to find the best system, but as far as storage... Even for us living in it, we have plenty of space. Our whole goal in this is just have what we need and get out and see things! So its perfect for us for now. I do have trailer envy sometimes though, I won't lie.
3) Ahhhhh the shower....yes, yes a little disappointing. BUT!! I stumbled across this forum buy looking for a solution to this problem. So...there you go...bad news I did not find one on this or any other forum, but the good news is I took it apart and looked at it. This is what I did and wow, night and day. I feel over showered compared to the last few months. If you unscrew where the shower head and the hose meet and look at the bottom of the shower head, you will see what looks like a button with 3 holes in it, I am pretty sure that's a filter and ours was clogged with bits of plastic from our freshwater tank (probably while they drilled and put in the plumbing) So at first I thought about making the three holes bigger, but just popped it out instead, screwed the shower back on and wow!! Where we are usually hooked up we have filters on the outside, so Im not too worried about that little piece for now. Again this is only been tested for a couple of days, but I promise you'll see a HUGE difference!.
4) We have talked about covers too, we have not done anything about it yet because we both have to get up early for work, so it's actually helping a bit, but yes covers are in the near future. I would have to look into it in order to find an a pleasant aesthetic remedy for that, or just velcro and some kind of cloth?
5) Yes, the AC is loud, but I think it's a pretty bog unit for our sized trailer too. It's quick and we have two dogs, so as long as they are safe while we are at work, I'm okay with that.
when we first started about 3 days into it, I was uhmm sitting down in the bathroom and noticed some water leaking from the shower into that little space between the sink cabinet and shower glass. We ended up adding more silicone caulk on the inside and re-caulking the whole entire inside, So just keep a heads up for that.
I don't know how much you guys will do dry camping or boon docking but if you do, check your water pump. When they showed us our they were connected to city water and just turned it on and we were like "Okay! it works!!" then while in between our next stop we had 2 days to spend dry camping. Well when we turned on the water pump it was spitting and spattering water. Sooo we took a lobster pot, heated it up with the stove and one of us would pour water on the other!
Anyway when we got to our next destination, we did some research and under your gas stove on the floor is the water pump. There is a great youtube video about troubleshooting. All I needed was a little teflon tape so make it air tight, and clean the filter (white plastic from fresh water tank again) Now with our shower working and water pump working everything is fine.
Oh and Jenn wants me to make sure to mention the mattress. Again I don't know how often you guys go out but that thing does NOT last very long, but then again I don't think it was made for full timing either. Well I hope I didn't ramble on too much and again, if you have any tips or questions please feel free. Hope you guys have a great rest of the weekend!