Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Newbie dummy questions

We are taking our new Travel Trailer on it's maiden voyage this coming Memorial Day weekend. When we got our reservations with Healdsburg KOA the only pull through spaces they had left were those with "hook ups on the wrong side". What does that mean? Is this going to be a major hassle for my husband our first time out?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2012, 09:29 PM   #2

yes and no. you will have to run all of your power water and sewer underneath the camper. unless you can back it in. or pull through the wrong direction. just a little more work on your pa
Part.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:29 PM   #3
KIX

Hook ups are normally on the same side as the hook ups on the RV which is the left side of the RV. Your electric cord and water hose can most likely be passed under the RV to make the connections with little to no problem. The sewer connection will most likely require an extension hose that you can buy. Just make sure the one you have and the one you buy will connect together.
Perhaps you can put your RV in the site "backwards" which would make the hook ups on the correct side.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:04 PM   #4

If I were only going for a weekend, and there were only two of us;........I wouldn't worry about the sewage hose. I would stop on the way home and flush it out and backflush.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:12 PM   #5

Boy! That is not a dummy question. I have been to a camp site where the pull thru was backwards. I drove into the site (going the wrong way on their one way street) and had to put the camper on the pad. Moved the camp ground picnic table onto the grass, and was ok. I told them, it was a pollock thing and we had a good time anyway. Like stated above, if you have extra water and electric hose and cable, running it under the rig should be no problem. Watch out for the trip hazard, as those items will be right in front of your door. Be safe and have a BLAST! Oh by the way, WELCOME TO THE GROUP!
Old 05-21-2012, 07:37 AM   #6

One of the reasons I never leave home without and extra 25' or water hose and a 25'-30amp extention cord. There are some weird campsites out there obviously built by people that didn't think things through like which side of the camper hookups should be on or how far from the back of the pad the water spigot and power tower should be.

Take some extentions and you'll be fine.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:41 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyGus View Post
One of the reasons I never leave home without and extra 25' or water hose and a 25'-30amp extention cord. There are some weird campsites out there obviously built by people that didn't think things through like which side of the camper hookups should be on or how far from the back of the pad the water spigot and power tower should be.

Very good information!
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:29 AM   #8

Jayco Owners Club
This is a good website... lots of experience and knowledge here. Please remember... the only dumb thing is not asking when you really don't know... and forging ahead, creating more and bigger problems. There are NO dumb questions...

J & D in Windy Amarillo
Old 05-23-2012, 03:06 PM   #9

Should not be a problem. A power cord extension that matches the power cord on your travel trailer is a good investment.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:50 PM   #10

One thing that most RV'ers do is to check out a prospective RV park before booking. RV park reviews is the main website, but there are others, like ours-the link to it will be located at the top of the main forums page. From reading RV park reviews, it sounds like getting there is the difficult part. Perhaps a visit by auto first would be prudent.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyGus View Post

As mentioned in another thread question asked by another R Ver, be sure your hoses are RV hoses, Walmart sells the water filter and pressure regulator. I forgot to mention the 50 to 30 amp adapters and the 30 to 15 amp adapters. When you get them, be careful what you grab and go with, as I did just that and what I had bought was bas ackwards.: OH well they will come in handy somewhere. I think.