Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2015, 09:17 PM   #1

Newbie help, which trailer?

Looking to purchase our 1st TT. 24'-30'.
Tow Vehicle wont be a problem. Asking for advice on choices. Have looked at keystone and like them but seem to get some negative feedback about quality . Any suggestions on which to buy would be appreciated. Plus's or minus's appreciated

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2015, 09:47 PM   #2

Outdoors RV make a nice product, and solid. Even if you have to tool around fixing minor stuff, you are likely to enjoy a long enjoyable ownership..... worth it, from my experience with my Black Rock.

Good luck in the choosing!

Nick B

Old 04-19-2015, 10:30 PM   #3

We love our Keystone.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:26 PM   #4

Winnebago Towables!
Also Coleman and Kodiak are both well made with really great floorplans.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:34 PM   #5

What's you tow vehicle. 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton? And are you an east or west coast guy? some brands are only available in certain areas.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:38 PM   #6

I just bought a new lance 2295 29ft travel trailer and love it
Old 04-20-2015, 08:52 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance_campin View Post
I just bought a new lance 2295 29ft travel trailer and love it
Nice choice and
Old 04-23-2015, 05:42 AM   #8

Another happy Winnebago owner. I'd also look at Arctic Fox or Nash especially if you want a four season trailer. At a lower price, check out Jayco or StarCraft. Both companies provide a two year warranty. Look at lots of trailers and you'll see where the shortcuts are made to keep the price down. If you plan to take longer trips, really look at storage space. We chose our Minnie because of the great storage space and the outdoor kitchen as well as the overall quality and construction. I would have liked a 4 season trailer, but didn't want the extra weight or have to go with a smaller trailer or one without a slide out.
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:42 AM   #9

keystone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbos57 View Post
Looking to purchase our 1st TT. 24'-30'.
Tow Vehicle wont be a problem. Asking for advice on choices. Have looked at keystone and like them but seem to get some negative feedback about quality . Any suggestions on which to buy would be appreciated. Plus's or minus's appreciated

there was a thread on this a short while ago about negative feedback on keystone, but no specifics were given. Have to ignore these for now.

if they were in fact major issues i'd like to hear about them.

Jim
Old 04-27-2015, 09:10 AM   #10

Keystone

we have a 2014 Keystone Hideout, 30ft, large Slide, 3 beds that will sleep 2 adults each. I had a Hartland North Country 24 ft. we loved it, Very well made, if it had had slide out we would still have it. one thing I will recommend is get one with a slide out, a real must have.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:43 AM   #11

I've never owned one, but from what I know from friends and what I saw while shopping, many of the brands under the Dutchmen umbrella are quite good.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:47 PM   #12

Jayco Owners Club
I'm looking hard at TTs right now. Outdoors RV, Jayco Eagle, Winnebago Ultralites, and Grand Design Reflrction are my list of possibilities right now. I am also looking at Solair Eclipse, and Heritage Glen trailers, but they're not as high on my list. My Surveyor has actually been a pretty good trailer, but it has only one narrow slide and it's kitchen space is limited. To be honest, it doesn't look like it was made as well as the first 4 mentioned above. The last two are about the same quality as the Surveyor.

I have posted some negative comments about Keystone, even though I don't own one. I work on one for a friend that's very unhandy. Sorry but his trailer isn't up to par on the quality side. Perhaps it was built on Monday... or Friday... When I talk about quality I'm referring to the construction materials and what care was put into assembling the unit. The appliances are pretty much the same in all of them.
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 07:06 AM   #13

Keystone Premier26RB, nice trailer but final details like shelf supports and STAPLES to hold trim in place are weak links, otherwise floor plans, towability b+
Old 04-29-2015, 07:58 AM   #14

I know I mentioned it before, but I really was impressed with the quality, especially interior, of the Kodiak and Coleman trailers.
If you have a dealer nearby, it's worth a look. Even if it's not your floorplan, you'll get an idea of the decor and fit.

Tags