Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2012, 10:29 AM   #1

Newbie purchasing first TT

I hope someone can help me with information on whether this is a good deal or not.

After shopping around, I found the TT I would like to purchase.

2007 R-Vision Trail Cruiser TC26SB

Its being sold at a dealer and they claim that the advertised price of $13,999 is the "rock bottom price". I find that hard to believe.

I cannot find a similar unit for sale to compare to and it is not listed in the NADA guide.

Does anyone have first hand knowledge if this is a good deal or can point me to some other resource so I can see what its value is?

Thank you in advance for all your help!
ekh443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
In my opinion, they are asking high retail. In this market you can easily buy used trailers for under low reatail. I looked at some of the 27' R-Vision trailers and I would not pay over $10,000 for it.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I encourage you to learn more about the contents, interior, and makings of travel trailers. I encourage you to read a trailer life book "The RV Handbook" 4th edition, by Dave Solberg available at CampingWorld and other places.
This book will enlighten you about the construction, appliances, working, towing and other things very important.
This book is good for newbies and veteran RVer alike.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Found one for you in Arvada, Colorado for $2K less.

R-VISION Trail--Cruiser--TC26SB 2006, Arvada - Arvada - Cars
Pricejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:06 PM   #5

Is it this one at Giant?
Giant RV 2007 R-Vision Trail-Cruiser TC26SB
It looks very clean in the pics. What's it worth to you? Do you really like the floorplan and features?
If has barely been used, do you think it fair of you to ask for rock bottom price?
Check the age of the tires, you might feel better about the price if they put a new set on and gave you a spare...
You can shop for months trying to get a screamin' deal and the whole time that you are trying to save money you are sitting at home not enjoying the outdoors.
We bought a brand new unit knowing we would take a hit by driving it off the lot.
It is worth it to us.
IWillRVToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:36 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Call them up and offer what you think it is worth.

If they want to sell it to you at that price they will eventually call you back.

Just hang 10 for a few days.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:19 AM   #7

We bought a 2006 R vision trail cruiser tc 30 qbss for about 4k less than the TT your looking at, although we did buy it at the beginning of Jan. and the dealer was wanting to sell quick because of the off season and needing to make room for the incoming new models.
What's the TT worth to you, I've always said anything is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
Ktimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:50 AM   #8

I agree with all the advise the previous people have suggested. Do your homework before purchasing, the more you learn the less you will burn in costs. What do you have as a TV. That can and will limit what you can tow.

JMHO
Go Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:23 AM   #9

Some keys to buying..............
1. Let your banker "clear the numbers"; we bought our 2008 used in 2009; the dealer wanted $15K but my banker told me to send the buyer's order back to them for $12,500. He told me he would finance the $15K, but wanted to see how bad they wanted to sell the unit. As it ended up we got it for $12,300.
2. Always buy in the last week of the month; financial institutions, every month have pre determined goals for the month; if by the third week of the month goals have not been met, they will "wheel and deal" on interest rates to attempt to shore up a less than expected month.
3. I don't care what the dealer tells you about "everything works", tell them you will not sign anything or turn over the check to them until the unit is set up and everything is checked for operation. REMEMBER.....after they have your check, you are no longer their primary focus........the next sale is............
scgator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags