Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2013, 11:54 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Now, a new member of TT.

Hi everyone again. So this afternoon I pulled the trigger on a starter TT for the family. Got myself into trouble with one functional and spanking new 2013 Sportsman Classic 18.

I know, she's not the best and she's not at where some of you are but to me and my family it's a start. I hope to see you guys around.

Boy, will it be fun trying to back this up into a 120 - 150 inch driveway spot when she's 90 inch wide.

Picking her up on Thursday.
Catbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2013, 12:35 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Congratulations on your new Travel Trailer. I highly recommend you get camera's on each side and a back-up camera for the rear of the trailer. A quality camera system is cheaper than repairs to the side and rear of your trailer. Blind spots, trees, faucets, posts and bushes keep RV Collision Body Shops in business and RVs off the road. One ground guide is not enough.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:30 AM   #3

Cool - and welcome.

When backing into a tight spot try to get another set of eyes to help. Also get out and look for yourself often. Take your time. Go slow. Watch the front end of the tow vehicle as sometimes it needs to swing far right or far left.

Good luck
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:17 AM   #4

Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My TT is half the size of most on here, and with half the bells and whistles. But, I still have 100% of the fun. Enjoy your new rig.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:31 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbones View Post
Hi everyone again. So this afternoon I pulled the trigger on a starter TT for the family. Got myself into trouble with one functional and spanking new 2013 Sportsman Classic 18.

I know, she's not the best and she's not at where some of you are but to me and my family it's a start. I hope to see you guys around.

Boy, will it be fun trying to back this up into a 120 - 150 inch driveway spot when she's 90 inch wide.

Picking her up on Thursday.
Pretty soon you'll look back and think, man idk why I was so worried about 30-60 inches of clearance
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:42 AM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
The word is in, picking up the new TT Thursday morning. Yay! Kids are gonna love it and be excited. Can't wait to see their faces.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:35 AM   #7

Congratulations on your new travel trailer. You and your family will Thoroughly enjoy it. Happy and safe travels,have fun.
Abclipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:40 AM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abclipper View Post
Congratulations on your new travel trailer. You and your family will Thoroughly enjoy it. Happy and safe travels,have fun.
Thank you
Old 04-30-2013, 08:43 AM   #9

Congrats on the new trailer. Hope you make lots of memories with the family.
Like said above take your time backing in.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:52 AM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lx22 View Post
Congrats on the new trailer. Hope you make lots of memories with the family.
Like said above take your time backing in.
Thank you, yeah it will be something new compare to backing up a motorhome, specially with the clearance of about a foot to two feet in total thanks to gas meters and their big posts from neighbor side. See how it goes, wish you could just push it in LOL. It's little different, but if I can get the baby straight, just rolling it back slow will make her fit like a glove.

BTW: Kids are guessing what surprise it is since me and my wife decided not to tell. So far, I got, an airplane. LOL. That's after the TT j/k
Old 04-30-2013, 08:52 AM   #11

Congrats on the new TT. We love ours, such a relaxing time with family and friends.
drknparrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:06 AM   #12
CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbones View Post
Thank you, yeah it will be something new compare to backing up a motorhome, specially with the clearance of about a foot to two feet in total thanks to gas meters and their big posts from neighbor side. See how it goes, wish you could just push it in LOL. It's little different, but if I can get the baby straight, just rolling it back slow will make her fit like a glove.

You can push it in. Put a ball on the front of the TV. You won't have the mirrors to see around the TT so you need a spotter. If you need practice backing a trailer, take some cones and go to an empty/ vacant parking lot. You won't hurt the cones.

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
CD is offline   Reply With Quote