Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2016, 12:51 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
Congrats...! But... from your picture, you both look smarter than to take up with this lot...
Lol, nothing would please us more. Thank you. Pic was taken 5 years ago. Next week I will be the big 50!!! Everyone does tell me I do look 15-20yrs younger than my age. That's how I managed to woo my beautiful lady who's 13yrs younger.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2016, 10:32 AM   #30

Outdoors RV Owners Club
You're just a kid. You guys are lucky, enjoy life and make wise decisions.

Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 12:35 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
You're just a kid. You guys are lucky, enjoy life and make wise decisions.
Thank you. I'll take that as a compliment
Old 03-06-2016, 08:36 PM   #32

A few of other things to think about that can reduce potential stress:

1. A check list for when you are packing up to travel.
2. A check list for when you are going to set up camp.
3. A check list for when you packing up to depart camp.

But far more important is that when I clicked on the highlighted surge protector on your list it took me to a normal surge protector that you might use at home for your computer.

You need to look to protect all your electronics in your TT and don't just look at surge protection. There are other common issues other than electrical surges that can happen.

I use and recommend the EMS PT30C (30 amp) a portable Electrical Management System from Progressive Industries. It is also nice that they have a lifetime warranty.

Travel and enjoy.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:08 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgwpassport View Post
A few of other things to think about that can reduce potential stress:

1. A check list for when you are packing up to travel.
2. A check list for when you are going to set up camp.
3. A check list for when you packing up to depart camp.

But far more important is that when I clicked on the highlighted surge protector on your list it took me to a normal surge protector that you might use at home for your computer.

You need to look to protect all your electronics in your TT and don't just look at surge protection. There are other common issues other than electrical surges that can happen.

I use and recommend the EMS PT30C (30 amp) a portable Electrical Management System from Progressive Industries. It is also nice that they have a lifetime warranty.

Travel and enjoy.
Thats a great product dgwpassport. Thank you so much for your advice... I did do my homework and came to the same conclusion as you but then I stumbled on a product that will also handle drop in voltages etc.. Hughes Autoformer. I really want this one.!
https://youtu.be/E2NdhNa-ZTQ
Old 03-07-2016, 06:02 AM   #34

OK ... I bought the Hughes 30A from Amazon. Expensive but hey its worth it for the extra protection. going broke... one purchase at a time! Lol
TheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 07:13 AM   #35

First of all, Welcome !!!!!

Watched the Hughs video, looks like all it does is voltage ? Did you post any picks of your TT ?

We will pool together here to give you blood transfusions, from all the money your bleeding out rite now !
Old 03-07-2016, 07:15 AM   #36

Also, being new to Rving, the checklist are a must, as much for saftey as losing stuff !!!
Old 03-07-2016, 12:20 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideandslide View Post
First of all, Welcome !!!!!

Watched the Hughs video, looks like all it does is voltage ? Did you post any picks of your TT ?

We will pool together here to give you blood transfusions, from all the money your bleeding out rite now !
Lol too funny. I can't post pics of my rv as I don't have it yet. Oh wait it is on a sellers website still so I will post that. I can't get it as I don't have my new truck yet which I ordered 3 days before buying the TT. One month before buying the new truck I bought my wife a new SUV. If you guys want to pitch in with blood, I think I need an Olympic pool size of container for it to be sufficient Lol

The Hughes does Voltage Regulation PLUS spike and surge too. It's 2 in one and hence I feel way more value and peace of mind (IMHO). He does say it in the video also, but easy to miss and easily missed in the website too.

Thanks for making me smile even more this morning

Here is the link to the pics of my RV.

http://m.leisurelandrv.ca/Vehicle?vf=24757554&vs=5

When I get it I will take some personal pics of it.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:31 PM   #38

Outdoors RV Owners Club
That looks like a very nice little trailer. I love my little trailer, has everything I need and nothing I don't!
Old 03-07-2016, 12:41 PM   #39

Forest River Owners Club
Congratulations!!!!!! We are relatively newbies too. We just purchased our first new TT. Traded in our first used unit. Each trip out, we kept a notebook of things we would like to get and how we should use it. The spring loaded guards that are designed to go into the fridge to keep food from banging around work great in your pantry. At the dealer they wanted $15. for them, at Walmart they were $6.00 I use them in my pantry. I also bought a roll of the foam like liner stuff. It works great. Happy camping. I can't wait for the weather to improve.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:52 PM   #40

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Congrats and welcome aboard!
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 01:38 PM   #41

Quote:
The Hughes does Voltage Regulation PLUS spike and surge too. It's 2 in one and hence I feel way more value and peace of mind (IMHO). He does say it in the video also, but easy to miss and easily missed in the website too.
I have had more problems with miswired campground electrical post than anything. The very first trip out in our new to us coach 3 years ago, we plugged into a campground post and my wife started to scream the coach was on fire Sure enough smoke was pouring inside the bedroom. Long story short the problem turned out to be an "Open Neutral" condition where instead of 110 volts on each leg close to 200 was being supplied on one leg! Over $1000 in damaged circuit boards in everything from washer/dryer to refrigerator to TV's were replaced and we were back in business again. I bought a Progressive Industries surge protector.

Again twice last year my 50 amp Progressive Industries surge protector indicated problems with campground electrical post. One was a where circuit L1 did not have any voltage but L2 did. The other problem was where the campground used one supply wire split it to make 50 amps. (that doesn't work)

I worry the Hughes Autoformer would not detect or correct that type of problem.
Bigd9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:54 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
I have had more problems with miswired campground electrical post than anything. The very first trip out in our new to us coach 3 years ago, we plugged into a campground post and my wife started to scream the coach was on fire Sure enough smoke was pouring inside the bedroom. Long story short the problem turned out to be an "Open Neutral" condition where instead of 110 volts on each leg close to 200 was being supplied on one leg! Over $1000 in damaged circuit boards in everything from washer/dryer to refrigerator to TV's were replaced and we were back in business again. I bought a Progressive Industries surge protector.

Again twice last year my 50 amp Progressive Industries surge protector indicated problems with campground electrical post. One was a where circuit L1 did not have any voltage but L2 did. The other problem was where the campground used one supply wire split it to make 50 amps. (that doesn't work)

I worry the Hughes Autoformer would not detect or correct that type of problem.
I'm not 100% Sure that it will but I'm sure it would have a mechanism to stop the flow of current. Either way, just a fault detection device is pretty cheap and can be tested prior to plugging in. Having a low faulty voltage is much more likely than faulty wiring I'm thinking. It's a hidden danger that we are not seeing until the fridge or something dies. Just that peace of mind that you are getting steady clean power is priceless. And with spike and surge protection. That's all I would want. And maybe the gadget to test for wiring right at the start, if it didn't have it already.

As soon as I recieve said device, I will post up what it can and can't do in depth.