Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-08-2016, 06:29 PM   #43
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 6
Hello The Matrix

Congrats on your Lance 1995. You are going to so so enjoy it. I just did a shake down on my Lance 1685. and It was great experience. I'm ready for my next trip. Oh and i was in a frenzy to get everthing for the first trip. However still have not gotten everything as of yet. I'm still learning. If you have any questions There is a forum just for lance Travel Trailers. Message me if you have more questions. Jeff
__________________

__________________
Mr_AISARV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2016, 07:02 PM   #44
Member
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 70
Congratulations Matrix, I am so excited for you. You will love everything that you can do with your new toy!!
You have gotten some great advice so far but no one has addressed one very important concern-meals. When I'm in my MH I'm on vacation. That means limited cooking under cramped(25.5ft MH) conditions. One tactic that is a holdover from tent camping days has made me a Happy Camper. I prepare meals ahead of time and freeze them in portion sizes. My refrig is full of frozen meals.Just heat in microwave and you are all set. That means that we can both choose our meals and I have freedom from cooking.
So glad that you will be joining our community. Wish that we had begun MH camping sooner but we are sure glad we are here now.
Wonderful adventures and safe travels to you both, Lynn
__________________

__________________
Lynnowensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 05:41 AM   #45
Senior Member
 
TheMatrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_AISARV View Post
Hello The Matrix

Congrats on your Lance 1995. You are going to so so enjoy it. I just did a shake down on my Lance 1685. and It was great experience. I'm ready for my next trip. Oh and i was in a frenzy to get everthing for the first trip. However still have not gotten everything as of yet. I'm still learning. If you have any questions There is a forum just for lance Travel Trailers. Message me if you have more questions. Jeff
Jeff, thanks so much for your advice. I love the 1685, in fact that was my #1 choice for the longest time. The quality and layout is just brilliant! We went with the 1995 because it was so close to the price of the 1685, in fact I actually got it for less. I do love the walk around bed. That clinched it for me else for versatility you cant beat the 1685. It is one of the very best RV's Ive ever step into! Enjoy your time. We cant wait to pick ours up in April. Just buying up all the accessories as they go on sale. No rush, I can wait it out until the prices drop on amazon etc ! Stay in touch my friend.
Ali
__________________
TheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 05:44 AM   #46
Senior Member
 
TheMatrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnowensmom View Post
Congratulations Matrix, I am so excited for you. You will love everything that you can do with your new toy!!
You have gotten some great advice so far but no one has addressed one very important concern-meals. When I'm in my MH I'm on vacation. That means limited cooking under cramped(25.5ft MH) conditions. One tactic that is a holdover from tent camping days has made me a Happy Camper. I prepare meals ahead of time and freeze them in portion sizes. My refrig is full of frozen meals.Just heat in microwave and you are all set. That means that we can both choose our meals and I have freedom from cooking.
So glad that you will be joining our community. Wish that we had begun MH camping sooner but we are sure glad we are here now.
Wonderful adventures and safe travels to you both, Lynn
You know Lynn, you are so right. In my previous camper we never did that and did everything at the site, but we never had a working fridge so lol yes I will freeze whatever I can and think of you when we eat it lol.
This forum is ripe with endless tips and advice. Its addicting!
Thanks again Lynn, ... Ali
__________________
TheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 08:12 AM   #47
Junior Member
 
Dr-G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Ray Twp, Michigan
Posts: 22
BTW - Congrats on the new TT.

We are picking our first one up this Friday!
Hope for good weather! [fingers crossed]

Not to highjack the thread but: How do you guys secure the surge protector. I assume they are outside the TT? Being they are costly, I would have to have one grow legs.
__________________
2016 Forest River Grey Wolf - 26DBH
Dr-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 10:28 AM   #48
Senior Member
 
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Nowhere, now here. Freedom!
Posts: 2,999
I use a cable from Harbor Freight and a lock with a shackle that fits around the surge protector wire bundle. I'll try to take a picture of it later if you have trouble picturing that in your mind.
__________________
ORV 19B Full Timer, '14 Ram 2500 Diesel and a GSD. This signature updated, May 1, '17.
Currently funemployed in Vancouver WA de K7NOL 146.52Mhz Safety? (CLICK ME!)
1bigmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 12:00 AM   #49
Senior Member
 
TheMatrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr-G View Post
BTW - Congrats on the new TT.

We are picking our first one up this Friday!
Hope for good weather! [fingers crossed]

Not to highjack the thread but: How do you guys secure the surge protector. I assume they are outside the TT? Being they are costly, I would have to have one grow legs.
As soon as I get my Hughes Autoformer I plan to install to get the kit to install it inside of the TT.

But if I use it before I just plan to use a bicycle locking system etc. Generally I've found people camping tend to be on the side of decent and honest people. I'm not too worried about it.. touch wood lol.
__________________
___________________
2016 Lance 1995
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn (Custom)
TheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 06:28 AM   #50
Senior Member
 
rideandslide's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Waynesville Georgia
Posts: 1,272
So far, after at least 4 years with a TT, we have never had anything go missing at a Campground, we leave pretty much everything out ( guess that a little foolish ), coolers, grills chairs, propane heater , furniture, can't even say i been missing a beer out of the cooler, but they circulate thru there fairly quickly ! Do have say went camp mostly at State & Federal Campgrounds.

Jim & Pat
__________________
rideandslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:28 AM   #51
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Oregon
Posts: 338
In all my years camping we've never had anything stolen. I've heard of it happening but so far not to us or friends. So far we've camped entirely in Oregon.
__________________
2015 Ram 2500 6.7 cummins, Crew Cab
Mid 2016 Outdoors RV Creekside 23DBS, w/backcountry x4 and armor options.
archer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 01:22 PM   #52
Senior Member
 
MBirch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Tottenham, ON
Posts: 157
We bought a 2014 Dodge Durango last year with the intent of towing. After more than a year of shopping, we pick up our Vision V23BHS on May 13th. I'm a little nervous. Never having towed something like this, our first big trip will be from Toronto, ON to Victoria, BC. Plan on covering more than 9,000 km / 5,600 miles in 2.5 weeks.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1174 (2).jpg
Views:	29
Size:	263.6 KB
ID:	121419  
__________________
_________________________________________
2014 Dodge Durango
2016 Vision V23BHS
MBirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 03:36 PM   #53
Member
 
dmstepa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: MacGregor, Manitoba
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBirch View Post
...our first big trip will be from Toronto, ON to Victoria, BC. Plan on covering more than 9,000 km / 5,600 miles in 2.5 weeks.

Wow, hardly anytime for sightseeing! If taking #1, wave as you go by!
__________________
David & Marion, MacGregor, Manitoba
2015 Ram 2500 CC, SRW, Cummins
2002 Titanium 29e34RL
dmstepa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 04:42 PM   #54
Senior Member
 
TheMatrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBirch View Post
We bought a 2014 Dodge Durango last year with the intent of towing. After more than a year of shopping, we pick up our Vision V23BHS on May 13th. I'm a little nervous. Never having towed something like this, our first big trip will be from Toronto, ON to Victoria, BC. Plan on covering more than 9,000 km / 5,600 miles in 2.5 weeks.

Wow! Nice! Crazy pace though. Slow down you move too fast... you gotta make the morning last....
__________________

__________________
___________________
2016 Lance 1995
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn (Custom)
TheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
See what you guys went and did ?!?! JohnBoyToo Monaco Owner's Forum 7 10-10-2015 03:56 PM
Now you guys have me nervous about the toilets plasma800 Newmar Owner's Forum 45 07-22-2014 08:04 PM
Here's one for you guys?? FLYING BUTCH Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc. 11 07-10-2013 07:42 AM
You guys got me scared now. Letsgoagain MH-General Discussions & Problems 30 07-05-2008 03:58 AM
Now you guys really have me wondering... Cindy317 Newmar Owner's Forum 39 01-30-2007 04:36 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.