Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-25-2014, 05:14 PM   #1

One Step away from Crazy

We made the decision to get married 43 years ago. It was not a difficult decision. We made a decision to have children. It was not a difficult decision. We made several career moves, which were somewhat of a difficult decision.

However, the choices between new vs used, walk-around bed vs. 1/2 walk-around bed, wooden frame vs. aluminum frame, ducted air vs non-ducted area, and etc., etc., are just about enough choices & decisions to make an ordinary, stable, tax paying, veteran a crazy person.

If I survive the research, the search, and the purchase, this forum will be among the first to know!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-25-2014, 05:37 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Two things I know for me and my wife... Walk around bed and ducted air...
I'm sure this will have opposing opinions...

LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 06:02 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
This is not near as stressful as kids or job changes.......find the one you think you both can live with and go for it......if you find later you got smarter, change it out for one that fits your new intelligence level.....life is too short, have fun while you can.
Old 12-25-2014, 06:21 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You'll never get everything you think you want the first time. Just grab one, run and enjoy it.

BTW we are on our 8th

Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 06:24 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Agreed!
Bill & Jenny - 2016 Winnebago Itasca Ellipse 42HD, 43 ft, Cummins 8.9 ISL - Blue Ox and SMARTCAR. Once/month traveler in Midwest and (as ofen as possible) Southern US. Home - Nashville, Indiana (Beautiful Brown County)
jwmaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 06:28 PM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Traxless, I hear ya. Same song, different verse. It is nice to know I'm not alone.
Old 12-25-2014, 06:52 PM   #7

Brand new, walk-around bed, ducted AC/Heat, and a toy hauler if you aren't over the hill. Have fun.
Old 12-25-2014, 10:29 PM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
When my 02 Sunnybrook was about 5 I started looking for my next new TT. Then the industry tanked in 09. Nothing looked better than what I had till I found ORV. Then it took year to decide on the 250RDSW, then another few months to sign papers. I woke up at 3AM wondering, way too many times. I like my WindRiver 250RDSW but I am all ready looking for it's replacement. It's a TT, not a wife.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 10:30 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Try a RV show or two. Depending on your price point, you can walk between floorplans. Counter space, storage space, small 52" couch or a full size 64" or 70", fresh water tank size, small corner shower or a full sized one........quality on materials used. on & on we go...
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 12:21 AM   #10

Make a list of "must haves", if you can find 7 out of 12 buy it. I would put #1 a walk around bed. Most manufactures have the similar floor pans, the difference is how they are built.
Old 12-26-2014, 04:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WriteOn View Post
Traxless, I hear ya. Same song, different verse. It is nice to know I'm not alone.
I think we ought to start a separate thread for folks like us! A kind of "RV Trailer Anonymous." We'd share our trials and tribulations with one another and provide moral support. LOL.

And so it goes.
Old 12-26-2014, 04:12 PM   #12

Heartland RV Club
Walk around bed and ducted air are a must. New RVs can have many bugs to work out. What ever you choose spend a couple hours in it to try out the seating, bed and such. Don't buy just on the glamour.
Old 12-26-2014, 04:22 PM   #13

Just don't be in a rush, do your research, and look at all you can before you buy. Read on all the manufacturers forums and see what people like/don't like, problems they have had, how they were resolved, customer service, ect. You will begin to define which brands and styles are best for you based on what you belive quality to be and the price point you want to be at to get it. Don't be afraid to buy new. If you buy a quality product from a reputable dealer(research them too) any issue may be resolved before you ever pick it up and if not they will be handled quickly. Alot of people think it is foolish to buy new and seem to fall back on "the new ones always need fixing". That is not true, new/used will always need work done at some point and some people like to buy new and keep their things spotless. Good Luck, looking for one is half the fun but it takes time and patience.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 07:40 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post
Just don't be in a rush, do your research, and look at all you can before you buy. Read on all the manufacturers forums and see what people like/don't like, problems they have had, how they were resolved, customer service, ect. You will begin to define which brands and styles are best for you based on what you belive quality to be and the price point you want to be at to get it. Don't be afraid to buy new. If you buy a quality product from a reputable dealer(research them too) any issue may be resolved before you ever pick it up and if not they will be handled quickly. Alot of people think it is foolish to buy new and seem to fall back on "the new ones always need fixing". That is not true, new/used will always need work done at some point and some people like to buy new and keep their things spotless. Good Luck, looking for one is half the fun but it takes time and patience.
This ought to be in the "Travel Trailer for Dummies" book! Thank you Mike & Chi.