Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2013, 11:04 PM   #1

Unhappy Open Range Problems

We bought a 2012 Mesa Ridge brand new. The paint on the exterior wall started to bubble and delaminate only 5 weeks after we brought it home. It spent the entire winter getting repaired and was returned back to us in Spring 2012. After a few months the paint started to bubble and delaminate AGAIN in July 2012. So the following Fall it went back to the factory o have "new" fiberglass exterior walls put on. Well the company did such a terrible job that the whole area around the window and tail light is all bubbled out. I told the company in May that this trailer is a lemon and should be replaced / traded......I had been pressing the company for 4 months to come to some agreement with us before my 2 year is up. Well 5 days before we the 2 years is up they tell me they will replace the back panel but offer nothing else to us. No compensation for all the gas money bringing this unit back and forth over an hour to the dealer, no compensation that this is the 3rd time we will need to take out the entire contents of this trailer. This unit has caused us so much personal and financial inconvience. This will be our 1st and LAST Open Range Rv and I am telling every one I can to beware. My husband wanted to buy a Rockwood when we bought this unit .....boy do I wish I would have listened to him and not bought this Open Range rv. It has been one headache after another........

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2013, 07:34 AM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxergurl View Post
We bought a 2012 Mesa Ridge brand new. The paint on the exterior wall started to bubble and delaminate only 5 weeks after we brought it home. It spent the entire winter getting repaired and was returned back to us in Spring 2012. After a few months the paint started to bubble and delaminate AGAIN in July 2012. So the following Fall it went back to the factory o have "new" fiberglass exterior walls put on. Well the company did such a terrible job that the whole area around the window and tail light is all bubbled out. I told the company in May that this trailer is a lemon and should be replaced / traded......I had been pressing the company for 4 months to come to some agreement with us before my 2 year is up. Well 5 days before we the 2 years is up they tell me they will replace the back panel but offer nothing else to us. No compensation for all the gas money bringing this unit back and forth over an hour to the dealer, no compensation that this is the 3rd time we will need to take out the entire contents of this trailer. This unit has caused us so much personal and financial inconvience. This will be our 1st and LAST Open Range Rv and I am telling every one I can to beware. My husband wanted to buy a Rockwood when we bought this unit .....boy do I wish I would have listened to him and not bought this Open Range rv. It has been one headache after another........
So sorry to hear all your problems, I hope this don't make you give up rving. Go talk to a lawyer ask questions and see what all the lemon law states in your state. Good Sam's has a section where you can write them and will some times contact the company to help resolve some issues. Might be some thing you could do.
Good Luck

Old 08-05-2013, 10:45 AM   #3

Thanks for the advice Tumble Weed I will certainly look into Good Sam's. We will still go camping but first we have to work through this nightmare, then hopefully trade it in and find something that will not causes so much aggrivation. Funny thing is we had an older Starcraft Aruba unit and we were the 3rd or 4th owners. We had it for a little over 3 years and NEVER had to do anything to the unit except put new tires on it.....and when we traded it in we got within a few $100 of what we paid for it.....we camped carefree in that unit.....thought we were making the right choice by trading it in and buying the Mesa Ridge.....boy do I wish I could turn back time.....LOL.....but we will get another unit and be happy campers again one day after we work out this mess somehow......As I read through other sights i am seeing a lot of similar issues.....but it seems that after those units were fixed the first time the owners had no more problems? It is just so sad that we feel this way about our camper.....I wonder if there is a way to post pictures....I have it all documented....all 3 times.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1923.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	43614   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mesa Ridge 001.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	43615  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mesa Ridge 010.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	43616  
Attached Images

Old 08-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #4

I figured out how to post the pictures......The pictures were taken each of the 3 times.....The last picture is what is going on NOW....on the back end....