RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2019, 05:26 PM   #15

I sent a note to Outdoor RV Manufacturing asking the eastern most dealer. I see Holiday RV in Denver sells Outdoor RV trailers. So far that is the eastern most dealer. Interesting as my wife's family owns undeveloped property in Cotopaxy Co. about 2 hours southwest of Denver.

The Outdoor RV web site search for dealers only shows dealers in the very northwest of the country. So I do not think it is working because Holiday RV has Outdoor trailers on their web site.

Odd that Artic Fox has dealers as far east as Pennsylvania, Ohio, Georgia but Outdoor RV does not.

tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2019, 05:32 PM   #16

Remember ORV is relatively new to the scene compared to Northwood.

OOPS, aorry. ORV dealer Apache Camping Center in Portland is a great place to get a deal.

450Donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 07:30 PM   #17

Artic Fox focuses more.on the things you domt see. Build quality, frame, structure, insulation. Youll stay cooler in summer and warmer in winter in a fox. They over the top where it counts most. Interior is a 2nd. ORV seems to compromise and 50/50 it.
consolenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 09:03 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by consolenut View Post
Artic Fox focuses more.on the things you domt see. Build quality, frame, structure, insulation. Youll stay cooler in summer and warmer in winter in a fox. They over the top where it counts most. Interior is a 2nd. ORV seems to compromise and 50/50 it.
I've actually owned both. I'm not getting your ORV compromise stuff.
Have you actually looked at the standard features of both?
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 10:01 PM   #19

Tuffr2, sounds like you need to start an ORV dealership in FL!
Old 09-07-2019, 01:40 PM   #20

Howdy!

We are fulltimers and have a Heartand Cyclone. Iím sisk of the quality in almost all RVs built today. I jus spent a week in Elkhart having repairs on slides and delamination problems. Iím now considering moving to a Articfox 35-5 in hopes the are build better than what Iíve seen in for repairs recently. We had a Carriage five slide before this one and it was a well bud 5er. Build like others they have gone out of business or have been bought up by THOR.

ďHappy TrailsĒ
Chiefneon
chiefneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 08:57 PM   #21

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Two cab over campers, two fifth wheels, and four travel trailers----so far our 2019 ORV Timber Ridge is the best of all of them. IMHO..I'm not connected to the company in any way other then to have given them a portion of my retirement.
The factory tour was very good.
Old 09-08-2019, 12:49 AM   #22

I have a Nash and my feeling is that the reason this company is successful is because their employees are better. The trailers are not perfect and they do cut corners but they have a commitment to quality. I do wish they would add products like See Level tank sensors but the cost is apparently too high. False economy as far as Iím concerned. Include items to set yourself apart and show that you are up to date.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 07:02 AM   #23

We dress for the weather when observing the stars on colder nights. My wife has a down coat that goes down to the knees.

We both enjoy sleeping with the trailer set about 50 degrees inside overnight. We turn up the furnace at breakfast time. We haven't gone through much propane. I haven't used more than half a 30 pound tank on a trip. I have two. Haven't been out in cold weather for more than about 5 nights on a trip. Will be taking a cooler trip of 10 days this fall.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:04 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocamper View Post
We dress for the weather when observing the stars on colder nights. My wife has a down coat that goes down to the knees.

We both enjoy sleeping with the trailer set about 50 degrees inside overnight. We turn up the furnace at breakfast time. We haven't gone through much propane. I haven't used more than half a 30 pound tank on a trip. I have two. Haven't been out in cold weather for more than about 5 nights on a trip. Will be taking a cooler trip of 10 days this fall.
Iím not sure if you are staying in a site with power or not. I normally do and I use a separate extension cord to power my electric heater. I extended the length of my heaters cord and ran it out to the electrical access door. Makes it simple to hook to 120. Much quieter than the propane furnace. It keeps us comfortable to the 20ís. Thatís the coldest weíve camped in.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 06:45 AM   #25

Kinda good news, ORV now has dealers in Texas which is closer than Denver. Denton Texas and Mesquite Texas. I was in Denton Texas a few years ago.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:55 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
Kinda good news, ORV now has dealers in Texas which is closer than Denver. Denton Texas and Mesquite Texas. I was in Denton Texas a few years ago.

Seem to be camping world dealers.
Sky1926 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:59 AM   #27

Yes, Camping World are the dealers in Texas. Not my favorite RV dealers.

I watched a YouTube video of a guy in an Artic Fox truck camper. A truck camper should be easy to heat but he was saying he used a lot of propane to stay warm. As soon as the furnace shut off he could feel the cold coming thru the camper walls. Also said very few times did the furnace actually shut off.

Heck, that is the same as my current trailer. He was in 5 degree weather and I was in 32 degree weather. My furnace ran 50% of the time.

I watched a YouTube video from the same guy taking a factory tour. Seems the Artic Fox is built really well with good insulation...or so it seems
Old 09-11-2019, 12:40 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 harley View Post
Iím not sure if you are staying in a site with power or not. I normally do and I use a separate extension cord to power my electric heater. I extended the length of my heaters cord and ran it out to the electrical access door. Makes it simple to hook to 120. Much quieter than the propane furnace. It keeps us comfortable to the 20ís. Thatís the coldest weíve camped in.
We have only camped with hookups twice in the 27 nights of use so far. Taking it out a in few for another 10 nights of off grid camping. Propane works fine and I have plenty of solar and batteries to run the furnace.