Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2019, 06:07 PM   #29

ORV's iin Texas

Hi all, in researching for an ORV I scoured websites across the country, and found some in Camping Worlds in Texas-in case that helps at all.

Alvarado, Mesquite, Denton and New Braunfels were a few who had some models, here is one:

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/202...KVS-5009257491
1rdrgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2019, 07:37 AM   #30

I am now in Hammersville Ohio at Mike Jones Motor and RV. He has the best selection of Artic Fox trailers that o have seen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190914_085131856_HDR.jpeg
Views:	43
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	260284Click image for larger version

Name:	1568465873215.jpeg
Views:	42
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	260285
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 04:51 PM   #31

I had the Arctic Fox 26Y pictured above. And the 811 PU camper. Best built machines I’ve had in 50 years of RVing.

I made the mistake of dumping them a couple of years ago for a Leprechaun 260DS Class C. It is a POS compared to Arctic Fox.

I camped in both Arctic Foxes in well below zero with no issues. The Leprechaun has idiotic system for cold weather. Two valves on each tank and tank heaters on waste tank. To run tank heaters all night you need to run generator. Generator exhaust under slide triggers CO alarm on still cold nights. Stupid design!
LarryinID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 06:20 PM   #32

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We have an ORV 20 FQ and camp mostly over 8000 ft in elevation. This summer most evenings in the low 40’s with one at 30. So 27 nights where we heated trailer up to 72 before bedtime and very comfortable until morning when I’d heat it up again. One 30# tank of propane covered heat, coffee on the indoor stove, a few times with the oven, and of course lots of hot water. Anxious to try it in hot weather to see how cool we can keep it!
snxwmxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 04:46 AM   #33

Wow, camping at 8,000' elevation. I know you can get chilly nights at just 2500' in Pennsylvania. Summer nighttime temps 55 degrees to 65 degrees.

At 8,000' nights in the 40's brrr. You make it sound like you heat the trailer up to 72 degrees then turn off the furnace. And the trailer stays warm(ish) until morning when you turn on the furnace again. When night time temps drop to mid 40's my current trailer needs the furnace to run 50% of the time at night or else it gets too cold.

What else do you do to stay warm?
Old 09-16-2019, 08:12 AM   #34

Outdoors RV Owners Club
FWIW...

DW researched for 5 years before retiring. We decided on an ORV Glacier Peak 30RLS 5er. We drove from Minneapolis to Pasco, Washington (dealer with the best price) and bought it.
We live in it and have never been happier and have had very few manufacturer based complaints. Yes we have created some of our own stupid problems but that's where extended warranties come in.
ORV does it right!
Old 09-16-2019, 08:52 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
I sent a note to Outdoor RV Manufacturing asking the eastern most dealer. I see Holiday RV in Denver sells Outdoor RV trailers. So far that is the eastern most dealer. Interesting as my wife's family owns undeveloped property in Cotopaxy Co. about 2 hours southwest of Denver.
ORV also has a dealership in Poncha Springs CO which would be about 30 min or so from Cotopaxi.
dogbreath650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:26 AM   #36

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
ORV makes several lines of TT's same as NW. Nash would be compared to the Creekside in price. Timber Ridge and Blackstone closer North Fork.
Big difference in construction, though. Nash is wood frame and Creekside is aluminum frame. All ORVs are aluminum superstructure.
Natravellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 01:51 AM   #37

Outdoors RV Owners Club
What else do you do to stay warm?[/QUOTE]

The low setting on the heater is 45° I think. If we think it will be really cold I will set it at that and it might come on in the middle of the night but generally we like to leave it off. But
my wife does like it nice and toasty before she gets up in the morning! We also have a nice down comforter which most of the time I don’ need, but she likes.
snxwmxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 07:50 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natravellers View Post
Big difference in construction, though. Nash is wood frame and Creekside is aluminum frame. All ORVs are aluminum superstructure.

I don't think there is a big difference in either wood or aluminum construction as long as it is well made. But then again, a wood cage hasn't been coined by ORV as a superstructure so maybe it is inferior
Mtn. Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:29 PM   #39

You would need both a wood and an aluminum framed trailer plus a bunch of test equipment. My guess is the wood would be warmer but by how much I do not know. And how about aluminum with wood in the middle?
Old 09-26-2019, 10:18 AM   #40

I just wish NW and ORV would both modernize and start using Azdel along with making a substantial solar system and a residential fridge. I would love to see them produce a TT with a onboard gas fed gen with a built in fuel tank similar to what a lot of toy haulers have.
If there was a Arctic Fox or ORV Dealer in IL,MO,IA they would kick hiney!!! I was surprised to see CW carrying Arctic Fox's.........I would never buy from them though.
I'm not asking for much am I?
Ret.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 10:46 AM   #41

I am off the Arctic Fox kick. I just did not like the interior. I also did not like the way the wiring looked for the electric stabilizers.

I like the Flagstaff and Rockwood trailers a bit more. I know they are not build as solid as the Arctic Fox but they are built solid enough.
Old 09-26-2019, 02:34 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
I am off the Arctic Fox kick. I just did not like the interior. I also did not like the way the wiring looked for the electric stabilizers.

I like the Flagstaff and Rockwood trailers a bit more. I know they are not build as solid as the Arctic Fox but they are built solid enough.
Did you tour an AF with the new interior updates?
The older style was IMO not all that great. The new look, while not as flashy as other brands is much better looking.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote