Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2012, 10:04 AM   #1

Our 2nd camping trip Review

This is going to be a review on our 2nd camping trip to Stephan C. Foster Memorial State Park,enjoy.

This will be our 2nd trip in our new TT.Plus our 2nd stay at this campground.Well let's start out by what went on friday (4-27).Had to wait until my husband got home from work,thank goodness he got off early or we would have been late to the campground.Now once hubby got home he had to take a shower,then we had to head to walmart to get a few more thing's.

It was already getting late and we wanted to get on the road.After leaving walmart we headed back to the house to get the TT.We hooked up and we were on our way.It only took us an hour 27 minute's to get there.We found our spot which is in loop gopher lot 27.This lot is really nice we only had like 4 rig's plus our's in the whole loop so it was really quiet.

Thw bathroom's and shower's here are really clean.After we got everything set up we went and drove around a little bit to explore.Cause you see our boy's didn't come with us the 1st time we went here.So we were just showing them around the campground.There's not much in this little town,we were in White Spring's,FL it's right outside of Lake City.Now by this time we are back at the campsite just sitting around about to play some card's.

Now for day 2:

Well we woke up early to head out and do some more exploring.We headed out to Lake city after breakfast to go see an antique store call Webb Antique Store.Now let me tell you this place is huge and when i say huge i mean huge (Sorry didn't get any pic's of it).It had so many thing's to look at and buy.So if you like to go antiqueing this is the one to go to.

Now after we were done there we went and checked out another campground called Oleno state park,well there is not much there and the lot's were small.Then we went and checked out ichetuknee state park lot's to do but no campground inside it.But there are 2 private one's down the road from it.

Then we headed back to the campsite for some lunch and some R-R.As we were eating lunch it started to storm really bad so we had to stay in the camper for a while.So after it stopped raining and we were done eating lunch we went around the town that was right outside the gate's of the campground.

After that we went to an old swimming hole i forget when it opened but it was the first attraction to open up in FL.Even roosevelt visited it they had a picture of him signing the guest book when he visited there,didn't get a picture of that.He use to visit there all the time.

Here are our boy's standing at the bottom of the swimming hole next to the suwannee river.

After we took a few picture's there we headed back to the campsite to do some fishing.Didn't really catch much of anything.So we went back to our lot played some game's.Then we wacthed some movie's then went to bed.

Day-3:

Then it was time to pack up and go home.We did sleep in a little bit though.After we got everything packed up we headed home.

Pros-Not alot of bug's,great campsite lot,really quiet and relaxing.
Cons-Rained (but it didn't damper on our stay)

Now for some radom picture's i have:

Oh this is the bell tower,it chime's i think every 15 minute's but it's not loud it's a very suttle sound.

Well i hope you enjoyed the review and my picture's.
campingmom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2012, 10:09 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Pictures do not show. Sounds like a great time.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Would be nice to know where some of the pics were taken.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:37 AM   #4
bjo

Thanks for the picture's and the memories it took us bk my husband when as a child use to swim in that sulfur spring's that you show were your boy's were but bk then the old building around the spring had 3 decks high
my husband use to wk on a farm there for his Aunt/Uncle "Ray and Nancy Morgan"
that shop you took a picture of use to be his aunt and cousion and they
made Hand made quilts, I dont no who took it over , Nancy and Linda Morgan Are well know there for there Crafts.
So we enjoy the pictures we have not been there in probalby 10 yrs and due to his Aunt/Uncle are no longer a live.
I'm so glad I came across your post I luv to read all these ,And actually my husband was probably the age of your oldest son, actually he's mom has just the same door step of boys. so I no you keep busy when he use to go and wk on farm! we live in Hampton, Ga ,weve been RVing since 08 and we like it weve been out west.. and this summer we spent 2wks in Greenbay wis.at my cousion which had a pig roast for 2 of her grandson graduation party that was something else.
Have fun traveling and you did a great job posting and with your pictures.
looks like we need to try camping there .
bjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjo View Post
Thanks for the picture's and the memories it took us bk my husband when as a child use to swim in that sulfur spring's that you show were your boy's were but bk then the old building around the spring had 3 decks high
my husband use to wk on a farm there for his Aunt/Uncle "Ray and Nancy Morgan"
that shop you took a picture of use to be his aunt and cousion and they
made Hand made quilts, I dont no who took it over , Nancy and Linda Morgan Are well know there for there Crafts.
So we enjoy the pictures we have not been there in probalby 10 yrs and due to his Aunt/Uncle are no longer a live.
I'm so glad I came across your post I luv to read all these ,And actually my husband was probably the age of your oldest son, actually he's mom has just the same door step of boys. so I no you keep busy when he use to go and wk on farm! we live in Hampton, Ga ,weve been RVing since 08 and we like it weve been out west.. and this summer we spent 2wks in Greenbay wis.at my cousion which had a pig roast for 2 of her grandson graduation party that was something else.
Have fun traveling and you did a great job posting and with your pictures.
looks like we need to try camping there .
That is really interesting to know,thank's for sharing that.

Now as for where the picture's were taken.The swimming hole is right outside of the campground.The picture of the old store is also right outside of the campground and it's across the street from a visitor center.Now for the picture that look's like a house it's a museum showing model's of Stephan Foster's life and piano's that he used.That is inside the campground.The bell tower is also inside the campground it also has a museum in it.The picture of the little craft and general store are in the campground as well and it also has more little building's down from it.

Here is a picture of a map of the campground so that way you can get a better picture of what i'm talking about.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:46 AM   #6

BOY! I'm impressed! I had a difficult time posting one picture. I saw that state park when there was a rally last fall. I wanted to come, but our camping club had its monthly camp out scheduled. We usually stay around 100 miles. I do want to venture over that way, and your pictures make me want to go even more. Thanks for the pictures, and the travelogue. I wouldn't be surprised if that park gets more visitors than usual because of your post. Be safe, God Bless...
Old 08-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #7

We have stayed there. The "organ" plays Foster's music every hour or so. The tour of the building is also worth mentioning.
Tom3205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #8

Thank's so much wire wrat,it took me like an hour to get it all done.But if you want to post picture's you can go to photobucket upload your photo's there from your computer then just copy the image code then your able to post them on here by pasting them in to the thread.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:28 PM   #9

Nice write up thanks for posting it. Look forward to your next review.
dixonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonm View Post
Nice write up thanks for posting it. Look forward to your next review.
Thank's,me and family are headed to rodman dam state park next week for labor day weekend.Will post a review when i get back.Glad you enjoyed my review.

Tags
camping