Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2016, 08:58 PM   #15

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix View Post
In fairness maybe only the bad gets voiced, maybe we forget to post all the positives?... Just saying.
You rarely hear from anyone when everything is going just right.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2016, 07:27 AM   #16

Well, after so many issues we started investigating what we were going to do. So we sold our 1500 pickup, bought a new Dodge 2500 turbo diesel and traded the Jayco in for a Grand Design, Reflection 303RLS 5th wheel.

Old 03-07-2016, 07:51 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broda View Post
Well, after so many issues we started investigating what we were going to do. So we sold our 1500 pickup, bought a new Dodge 2500 turbo diesel and traded the Jayco in for a Grand Design, Reflection 303RLS 5th wheel.
Thanks for telling your story and following up to let us know what you bought.

I would hate to be the one who ends up with the Jayco you traded...
Good luck with your Grand Design and happy camping.
LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 09:01 AM   #18

Ok , Camping World Bashers, We bought out 2015 Grey Wolf 26RL from Camping World, all of our problems, except A/C problems ( and can't say a totally blame CW ) have been handled, we do take it to them and leave it with them.

My point here is ! You bought it From CW, It's under manufactures Warrenty, where else do you take it ? I have found in the past, most dealers don't want warrentee work unless you purchased your unit from them !

I can't rave about CW, but so far Happy !!
Old 03-07-2016, 09:21 AM   #19

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideandslide View Post
Ok , Camping World Bashers, ...

I can't rave about CW, but so far Happy !!
There are exceptions to almost every rule, aren't there?
Of course folks rarely advertise when everything goes right, but there is so much to read about how almost everything went wrong that it is truly concerning to anyone that has to deal with CW.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:28 AM   #20

Agree !!! Not that i am a big fan of CW, i was in retail my whole life, and can tell you, dealing with the public, i can please 100 customers, but the one that not happy, can cause a big storm !!! Was nice with my labels here !!!
Old 03-07-2016, 12:14 PM   #21

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Their sale prices on Adco covers is good along with other sale prices.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 08:11 PM   #22

Jayco Owners Club
One of my unhandy friends just traded for a Jayco White Hawk about 6 months ago. I haven't had to work on it yet. He's happy as a lark... I worked on his old Passport before every trip. I worked on his more than my own, which is a lot. I'm happy as a lark, too... because I'm not having to support my friend's hobby anymore... and I am thinking about a Jayco when I trade. It won't be bought from CW, though. Too many horror stories. Sorry you folks had so many problems. That's not fun. Grand Design is high on our list, too, along with Winnebago Ultra Lite, and a few others. Best of luck with your new one...
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 09:18 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix View Post
Its really upsetting to hear anyone having these troubles and I am truly sorry for the Ops thread, but I think RVGUY1966 nailed it. We've paid a lot of money for these RV's. Why is the quality so bad so often. Is it an industry where anything goes and a lottery on the quality?
In fairness maybe only the bad gets voiced, maybe we forget to post all the positives?... Just saying.
Here's why we'll never see a well built RV.

Elkhart companies create unique ways to find workers - Elkhart Truth
Old 03-14-2016, 09:23 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
One of my unhandy friends just traded for a Jayco White Hawk about 6 months ago. I haven't had to work on it yet. He's happy as a lark... I worked on his old Passport before every trip. I worked on his more than my own, which is a lot. I'm happy as a lark, too... because I'm not having to support my friend's hobby anymore... and I am thinking about a Jayco when I trade. It won't be bought from CW, though. Too many horror stories. Sorry you folks had so many problems. That's not fun. Grand Design is high on our list, too, along with Winnebago Ultra Lite, and a few others. Best of luck with your new one...
I too have heard great things about Jayco. I was gonna buy one 3 months ago (5w) and eventually decided on a Lance TT.

Jayco quality and finish I (personally) really liked. Others may disagree. But I am VERY picky about finish.
TheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:19 PM   #25

Jayco Owners Club
If Lance made a big enough unit... they'd be very high on my list. RV manufacturing is paid for by the piece... The workers are not hourly. The more they slap together, the more money they make. I don't believe quality will improve until the market gets some higher-quality competition like the auto industry got from Japan and now Korea... When they have to improve to stay afloat, they will... but not until...

Happy camping!
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 07:08 PM   #26

We had a Jayco White Hawk......for four months, enough said. The last straw was when my wife saw daylight between the bed and front storage compartment.
GWDawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 07:05 AM   #27

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post
Broda,

As I see it.... Your first mistake was going to Camping World... Your second mistake was going to Camping World for warranty/repairs... Your third mistake was taking back to Camping World when you figured out they didn't properly fix the repairs the first time...

I'm sorry... As you begin reading thru the numerous threads here on IRV2, you'll see there is no place in the RV industry for the likes of Camping World... and a few other dealerships.. unfortunately, its the nature of the beast..

Sorry for your troubles.. I hope it doesn't deter you from the wonderful life of RV'ing..

Oh... and welcome to the IRV2 family !!!
Oh, Camping World is GREAT! .... If you need to pick up a poop tube coupler on the fly. Or for some decent window shopping (then order same from Amazon at half price). Other than that, NO.

Irene

PrimoWorks is offline   Reply With Quote