Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2018, 09:23 PM   #1

Outdoor Kitchen gas stove question

I have a KZ C281KBH 2018. Just got back from camping a d ttied to use the outdoor kitchen that has a gas stove. Woulsnt work, coild not even smell gas coming through. I checked gas, gas is good. The flexible gas line that comnects to the stove and to the line under trailer has a valve on it to open and close the gas while habimg the flexible line still attached, i turned the valve both ways it could go and still nothing.

Is there a trick to start it or is the something else im forgetting or is something wrong? Of something wrong, what could it be and is an average joe able to fix it?

Thanks
Dan B is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2018, 10:05 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Well, to start with, was there anything else running on gas at the time? If so and it was working normally then you can assume the regulator was working. If not you may have opened the valve on the tank too quickly tripping the flow restrictor.

My flexible hose for the outdoor kitchen has valves at both ends and when the valve handle is in line with the hose it is open. Sticking out 90 degrees from the hose closes the valve.

It also can take a minute or so before gas reaches the burner if you are just turning the gas line on for the first time. I pulled my trailer out of storage last week and it was over 100 degrees out so firing up the furnace to purge the air from the gas lines was not possible. The thermostat would not call for heat. That meant that the fridge cycled and timed out at least 5 times before there was enough gas to light the fridge.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by keymastr View Post
Well, to start with, was there anything else running on gas at the time? If so and it was working normally then you can assume the regulator was working. If not you may have opened the valve on the tank too quickly tripping the flow restrictor.

My flexible hose for the outdoor kitchen has valves at both ends and when the valve handle is in line with the hose it is open. Sticking out 90 degrees from the hose closes the valve.

It also can take a minute or so before gas reaches the burner if you are just turning the gas line on for the first time. I pulled my trailer out of storage last week and it was over 100 degrees out so firing up the furnace to purge the air from the gas lines was not possible. The thermostat would not call for heat. That meant that the fridge cycled and timed out at least 5 times before there was enough gas to light the fridge.

Next time use the stove top burners....ALL on high or even the water heater
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 06:16 PM   #4

Do you have a yellow lever at the back of the cooktop? The one on my outdoor cooktop opens a valve and prevents the cooktop from being able to be slid back in while on.
Bikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:55 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
I tried that but the fridge is on a separate line on the other side of the trailer.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 09:50 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
KZ RV Club
On my KZ TT, the outdoor kitchen has two propane shutoff valves. One under the trailer where the flex hose for the outdoor stove plugs in and a second valve directly up underneath the stove itself. I leave the second one in the on position all the time.
LandKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:43 AM   #7

Thank you. Very helpful since we have the same brand. Got it figured out now. Didnt see the other valve
Dan B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:50 AM   #8

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
X2...stove top burners are great for purging any air in the system.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, gas, outdoor