Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2015, 09:33 PM   #1205

Outdoors RV Owners Club
How is the Bike Rack Receiver Hitch mounted on the Creek Side if you order it as an option?
skid_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2015, 11:03 PM   #1206

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Don't want to start anything, but. If bikes get thrashed around on the rear of a TT, just what is the rear kitchen doing back there? For those that have a rear kitchen, I do like some of those floorplans.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 04:25 AM   #1207

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to IdahoBob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbird65 View Post
Bob, do you happen to have a photo of this arrangement that you could post or PM to me. I have a Surge Guard 34730 on the way.

Ken
Here it is:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Surge Guard.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	562.8 KB
ID:	91662  
IdahoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:52 AM   #1208

Outdoors RV Owners Club
They say great minds think a like and I can see that we share the same idea only I also use one of these : Surge Guard Universal Lock Hasp - TRC 34590-001 - Surge Protectors - Camping World to stop my shore power to trailer cord from walking away. Last summer DW and I just got back to our trailer and found a fellow camper looking at our surge protector - he had never seen one before and was a little curious.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:06 AM   #1209

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
Don't want to start anything, but. If bikes get thrashed around on the rear of a TT, just what is the rear kitchen doing back there? For those that have a rear kitchen, I do like some of those floorplans.
I think its all about how you secure the bikes to the trailer. My rack with three bikes on it is very stout and does not move around at all. As for the rear kitchen, this is our first rear kitchen model and we have not had any problems with food in the refer or pots, pans, glasses, plates, silverware being out of place after traveling.
LBZYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 11:16 AM   #1210

Outdoors RV Owners Club
They also make direct fit circuit breakers that are surge protectors. That is what I use in the house and the trailer. No worries about anything getting stolen and alot cheaper.
LBZYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 04:55 PM   #1211

I have talked to a number of folks using surge guards. They have all done some minimal theft protection. I like the security that the system in the picture shows. I am going to set my Progressive up. Thanks for the idea.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:00 AM   #1212

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakcrazy View Post
They say great minds think a like and I can see that we share the same idea only I also use one of these : Surge Guard Universal Lock Hasp - TRC 34590-001 - Surge Protectors - Camping World to stop my shore power to trailer cord from walking away. Last summer DW and I just got back to our trailer and found a fellow camper looking at our surge protector - he had never seen one before and was a little curious.
I ordered the Hasp but sent it back. I thought it would be steel, not plastic. It was not as secure as I thought it should be. So much for great minds thinking alike....

Now that I am frequently securing the surge guard to a power pedestal, I've noticed that most circuit breaker boxes can be padlocked. When padlocked, it is usually impossible (or very difficult anyway) to access the circuit breakers and to remove the plug from its receptacle.

Bob
Old 04-18-2015, 06:22 AM   #1213

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBZYA View Post
I think its all about how you secure the bikes to the trailer. My rack with three bikes on it is very stout and does not move around at all. As for the rear kitchen, this is our first rear kitchen model and we have not had any problems with food in the refer or pots, pans, glasses, plates, silverware being out of place after traveling.
Same here. On our old trailer, the bike rack had only a 1 1/4" neck attaching it to a receiver mounted to the frame. It wobbled all over when the bikes were in it and pounded the back of the trailer with the bike handles until I secured them directly to the trailer rear wall.
brulaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:13 AM   #1214

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I am thinking of getting a surge guard and mounting it in the trailer just before the main controls. There is plenty of room in that area and looks to have easy access if I remove the drawer above it. Suggestions on a good one?
Old 04-18-2015, 10:25 AM   #1215
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
I am thinking of getting a surge guard and mounting it in the trailer just before the main controls. There is plenty of room in that area and looks to have easy access if I remove the drawer above it. Suggestions on a good one?

Hey bud,,,,,TRC and progressive ind. make good ones. I went portable and not permanently mounted. If it's permanently mounted and I sell the trailer it goes with the trailer. If I buy another trailer the portable one comes with me.

Take care
Coops
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 12:06 PM   #1216

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
That's what I did after a thunderstorm took out our microwave.

RV Safety Accessories Inc

Lifetime warranty. It's a bit more than a surge protector. Checks for mis-wiring, ground faults and Voltage sags (bad for the AC) as well. Very happy with it so far.

This one has a built-in readout to check the the error codes. I can open the drawer all the way and see the read out, no problem.
brulaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 12:23 PM   #1217

Outdoors RV Owners Club
If I sell this TT, I won't need another surge guard.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:23 PM   #1218

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBZYA View Post
They also make direct fit circuit breakers that are surge protectors. That is what I use in the house and the trailer. No worries about anything getting stolen and alot cheaper.
Can you give me a link to a "direct fit circuit breaker"? Do I understand you correctly, you replaced all the circuit breakers in your rig and they fit into the same spot as the original breakers?

Thanks!

Bob