Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2014, 07:03 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtCamper View Post
BTW, check you fridge drain line and make sure it drips outside the TT. That's another great cause of floor rot.
Ken

What does that line look like exactly?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2014, 07:06 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penster View Post
Try to think of this as a project of love and life. I think you did just fine....you have the budget left to fix her up. And you can do the work yourself since you are a handy kind of guy. Accept this TT deal...you bought as is, and now you handle the as is part that needs fixing. It's all doable.

Hope you can start to be excited again...let us know how it goes. All the best to you and yours.

I talked to my father, and he's going to help me repair the water damage. He once bought a 1970something Argosy fiberglass trailer, took it completely off the frame, and rebuilt it from the ground up. We are going to park it in his barn one weekend and hammer it out.

We are making plans to go camping a couple weekends before that, and after it cools off a little (like in late September), we'll get all the repairs done.

If the water heater works until then I wont worry about the anode rod because I'll just put in a new one then.

Old 08-06-2014, 10:37 AM   #31

Make sure and take pix along the repair process so you can help the rest of us when we have those problems.
bjlakatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:04 PM   #32

The refer drain line is for the condensate that occurs since RV fridges are evaporative units. the by product of burning propane is CO2 and H2O, and the water has to go someplace. The drain is that little clearish plastic tube that lives behind you outside refer cover. the drain should go to the outside between the louvers in the cover and drip down the side of your camper. if it doesn't do that it will drip on the floor below your refer. This isn't much of a problem in the dry climates or if you use mostly electricity. Big issue in those humid areas when on propane. Ken
Old 08-06-2014, 06:45 PM   #33

I suggest camping in the yard before attacking the repairs. Reason I say that is there might be something mama wants changed. What I'm saying is no sense doing the repairs & ten maybe having to do some modifications or remodel afterward.

My guess would be you are looking at $1,000 or less in materials.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:16 PM   #34

And I would wait till some cooler temperatures before getting started.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:17 PM   #35

Quote:
The refer drain line is for the condensate that occurs since RV fridges are evaporative units. the by product of burning propane is CO2 and H2O, and the water has to go someplace. The drain is that little clearish plastic tube that lives behind you outside refer cover. the drain should go to the outside between the louvers in the cover and drip down the side of your camper. if it doesn't do that it will drip on the floor below your refer. This isn't much of a problem in the dry climates or if you use mostly electricity. Big issue in those humid areas when on propane. Ken
My norcold drains into a container behind the exterior panel. It also catches condensation from inside the fridge (drip tray under the element that has a drain tube routed out to the above container).
bjlakatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:33 PM   #36

Quote:

I looked under the fridge today and there is a copper line which I'm assuming is the propane, and theres a large black pipe running into the floor. So either the fridge drains into the holding tank, or that pipe is a vent for the tank that runs up to the roof.

I'll look for the clear line tomorrow.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:36 PM   #37

here is the embarrassing water damage video that I made yesterday.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:28 AM   #38

So we plugged in the trailer last night and let the fridge and A/C run. Let's just say the windows are cold and the milk won't spoil!!!!
Old 08-09-2014, 02:40 PM   #39

Plumbing looks good. Water Heater is busted though. Going to have to replace it.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:51 AM   #40

PROPANE SYSTEM WORKS!!

Lit the stove, oven, and even the furnace this morning!!!

Furnace must be a DSI because I turned up the thermostat and it blew for about two mins, and then the heat came by itself. I didn't have to light anything.

And the fridge is still plugging along and cold as our residential one!!
Old 08-10-2014, 10:52 AM   #41

NOW I'M GETTING EXCITED!!! Even with the water damage issue.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:35 PM   #42

Water heater is no Biggy, easy to repair. Doubt if you have to replace it. Been there. done that. Even if you just get it working on ele. only.

Jim

Tags
weight