Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2015, 04:11 PM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
It was done with great regularity when we were kids but also we rode in the bed of half tons, rode bicycles and motorcycles without helmets, skied without helmets and a whole lot of things the nanny state pushers have made illegal.

It is another aspect that the youth of today will never experience.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2015, 12:47 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
As to the mother-in-law... I've always loved mine... lucky I guess...

actually I have nothing against my MIL, just trying to make a funny post I guess I fail in that regards

cheers

Old 01-21-2015, 01:18 AM   #31

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Here's how three of our six cats ride. These are the three Japanese Bobtails, the one on the far left also walks on a leash. Our other three cats will go behind a chair or on a couple beds we put on the chairs.
But, we would NEVER put any of our pets in a TT, just too rough a ride.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JBTs in MH.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	83810  
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 03:45 AM   #32

I think she was kidding about riding in the trailer. She gets around just fine on her broom.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:58 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by njs42 View Post
Can this be done? Yes,
Does anyone do it? Yes

Pics of MIL on front bumper or I cry fowl.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:43 PM   #34

I just joined this site, and as an owner of 4 dogs and 3 cats who are my pseudo children, and the new owner of an RV, I am glad that I read about the "test" run by someone's brave wife. Thank you! I won't be putting my "kids" back there, now that I know how noisy/bouncy it is.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:27 PM   #35
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarteBlanche View Post
I just joined this site, and as an owner of 4 dogs and 3 cats who are my pseudo children, and the new owner of an RV, I am glad that I read about the "test" run by someone's brave wife. Thank you! I won't be putting my "kids" back there, now that I know how noisy/bouncy it is.

It's good to see you joining in.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:15 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarteBlanche View Post

Welcome to IRV.

Yes its a bad idea to let your Feline and Canine friends ride back there, however the general consensus is that its OK for Mother in laws. Whats your thoughts on that?

Ken
Old 01-27-2015, 08:40 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Here's how three of our six cats ride. These are the three Japanese Bobtails, the one on the far left also walks on a leash. Our other three cats will go behind a chair or on a couple beds we put on the chairs.
But, we would NEVER put any of our pets in a TT, just too rough a ride.

BTW Nice that you can take your cats with you, we tried but we had a scare when G.C. (Godzilla Cat) bolted at Ikego camp grounds. fortunatley he did not bolt far, but DW nixed taking him with us after that so I have to get Cat Sitters whenever we travel.

Old 01-30-2015, 05:58 AM   #38

wow, you actually have a plan on getting the mil in there to start with??? good luck!!!
Old 01-31-2015, 04:37 AM   #39

My plan for the mother in law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVGuy1966 View Post
wow, you actually have a plan on getting the mil in there to start with??? good luck!!!

I was thinking a bait and switch kind of thing tell her we are doing this or that, asking her to look at the fornt of the truck and then wehn she is looking at it, tie her to the front bumper Of course I need follow up plans for further baits and switchs to keep getting her to step in front of the truck, so I can tie her to the bumper...... Ideas are welcome
Old 01-31-2015, 10:26 AM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
A hammock stretched between two conveniently located posts either side of the front of the truck?
Old 02-01-2015, 06:49 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
A hammock stretched between two conveniently located posts either side of the front of the truck?

Now in an attempt to totally derail this thread, I am now giving out forum cookies to those who submit a great idea on how to get the MIL strapped to the front of the truck.

Forum Cookies issued by me are that are redeemable any time you visit Japan, they include but are not limited to a free pick up at Narita or Haneda Airport and transportation to the base where your loved one resides

However, if you bring your MIL, I will probably test your suggestion at that time Thanks to Possum for a great Idea on how to entice the MIL to the front of the truck.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:59 PM   #42

Outdoors RV Owners Club
That's funny! We have four dogs. On short day trips the two Jack Russells and the pug ride in the back of the truck, and the cairn/ Chihuahua that we call a Machuihui, rides inthe cab. On long trips the pug gets to ride up front too.
as for riding in the trailer, tried it once when we had too much gear to carry. There was a lot of sea sickness I never want to endure again (Our puppies ride and sleep in Kennels).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnLouie View Post
Our pups Sofia and Lulu always ride in our truck. It would not be safe for them to ride in our TT.

Attachment 83166

BandC is offline   Reply With Quote