Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2016, 03:25 PM   #1

picking a TT

We are down sizing from a class A to a TT our current unit is a Newmar very high quality. What make of TT is well build inside and out?? Any help or opinions would be helpful

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2016, 03:27 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
When people ask these kinds of questions, it is very helpful to include where you are in the world, as that can narrow down what is available to you in your area.

Old 07-02-2016, 03:32 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipefitter View Post
We are down sizing from a class A to a TT our current unit is a Newmar very high quality. What make of TT is well build inside and out?? Any help or opinions would be helpful
We are thinking the same. I have looked at a few TT's and none compare to our HR Navigator. We are having a hard time lowering our sites (interior quality) but after some head banging I think we will get there.
The Airstream is quality but interior shape and limited room leave some sthing to be desired.
Old 07-02-2016, 03:58 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Airstream of course!

But you have to realllly like each other.....

I hear a lot of great things about Northwood and a lot of great things about Lance too.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'05 Fleetwood Revolution '12 Chevy 2500 '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
'14 Ram 3500 Aisin
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 06:56 PM   #5
RPr

How much do you want to pay?

Airstream, makes a good unit as do the tiny house companies. However for most of us who want a conventional RV , there is no stellar company cornering the market.

They all offer the same models, with the same appliances and trim based on price point. There are nuances that between them and the dealer can play a big part of the decision.

I usually suggest renting a unit similar to what you want, you learn a lot before you commit to size and features.
Old 07-02-2016, 07:25 PM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Outdoors RV seems to be built better than most. They have several lines and brands covering a wide range of price points. Well insulated true four season trailers. Go to the website and see for yourself. Outdoorsrv.com
Old 07-02-2016, 10:00 PM   #7

Just my 2 cents worth, but Outdoors RV and Northwood will give you the most bang for your dollar. Outdoors have a bit more glamour and Northwood has a bit higher reputation. Don't think you would be disappointed with either line.
Old 07-02-2016, 10:23 PM   #8

I just bought a Keystone Bullet Premier 26RBPR. It has a very beautiful interior.

Premier
Old 07-03-2016, 12:22 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipefitter View Post
I would have to say again, Lance or Airstream.
I liked the Lance because of the slideouts. Lance has come along leaps and bounds in the last few years. Airstream has always been top notch quality. Beautiful interiors on both these two.
There are a few other out there but looks and quality I found these two for my personal liking.
TheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 10:19 AM   #10

We absolutely love our open range 308 BHS like huge slides plenty room awesome kitchen also has outdoor kitchen no regrets have owned it for year wish I would've bought it 15 years ago.