RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2017, 09:26 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcboy View Post
I'm curious about how to get better fridge performance
Well it all started with me researching about the expected TT. In my search I stumbled across this thread...

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...d.php?t=128845

Within in that thread it referenced me to another thread for an A-Frame guy who did a lot of good hard data testing with fixes. Most of which involved extra fans and proper venting. But his results were great. Here is that thread...

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...d.php?t=104964

mdough6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2017, 09:27 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
I think your 3/4 ton truck will not need any special hitch. I would try it without a WDH or anti sway 1st. I pull a bigger trailer without any special hitch but it is with a dually.

Agree, do not take the trailer until you are all systems work. Tell the dealer to have it plugged in and the refer cold.
That works. I see people are pulling the trailer with much smaller rigs. I'll give it a go and see how it rides.

Old 04-05-2017, 09:29 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideandslide View Post
If it helps you any , we bought our Grey Wolf 26RL in 2015, knowing they are not the highest quality out there . But other than the AC unit, not there problem, been a great camper !!!
So far Forrest River has been good for us ! Be on the road another month or so this year !
Pm If You Want !
Good to hear! Did your AC get resolved easily?
Old 04-05-2017, 04:29 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdough6 View Post
That works. I see people are pulling the trailer with much smaller rigs. I'll give it a go and see how it rides.
I picked up my sons Clipper 17BHS for him since he couldn't make the PDI. I have a 2012 Ram CTD CC LB 4x4 2500. The dealer set me up with a 6" drop stinger. No WD. I towed it home from the dealer 50 miles thru in town, country and freeway. Zero issues. A couple of the tech guys that hooked up the TT joked that maybe I didn't have enough truck. It was kinda funny. I'm stock as far as suspension goes.
Hitch up and go.

Biggest issue with my sons TT and I'm not sure how the WP is suspended, is that the axles are on top of the springs. That coupled with 14" tires puts the TT pretty low to the ground. His sewer drain is in the rear and is a hazard waiting to happen. I told him I'd help him flip the axle. Dexter makes a kit for it. That would give him a 4" or so raise. That would help greatly with ground clearance when entering/exiting drives.

https://www.finditparts.com/products...MMnRoCx8bw_wcB
Cumminsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 05:48 PM   #19

Yep ! AC great as of now, on the 3rd unit, 2 year warrentee from Dometic, so Dealer has been great, they just replace the unit with a new one N/C. Was told that Dometic had some problems. But the newest one is working better than any of the others ! Fingers Crossed !!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2017, 08:54 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
I picked up my sons Clipper 17BHS for him since he couldn't make the PDI. I have a 2012 Ram CTD CC LB 4x4 2500. The dealer set me up with a 6" drop stinger. No WD. I towed it home from the dealer 50 miles thru in town, country and freeway. Zero issues. A couple of the tech guys that hooked up the TT joked that maybe I didn't have enough truck. It was kinda funny. I'm stock as far as suspension goes.
Hitch up and go.

Biggest issue with my sons TT and I'm not sure how the WP is suspended, is that the axles are on top of the springs. That coupled with 14" tires puts the TT pretty low to the ground. His sewer drain is in the rear and is a hazard waiting to happen. I told him I'd help him flip the axle. Dexter makes a kit for it. That would give him a 4" or so raise. That would help greatly with ground clearance when entering/exiting drives.

https://www.finditparts.com/products...MMnRoCx8bw_wcB
Nice. I should be golden. I might add some bars later to ease up on fishtaling in high winds. Heck I bet I can grab a set off one of my old trailers.

Yup. It's a spring under set up and the sewer hangs a bit low for my flavor. I've already been thinking about doing that spring over swap. Call me nuts but I've also considered swapping out or machining some hubs so that the axles could run the same rims as my truck. It's the expedition/ATV side of me I guess. LOL!
Old 04-06-2017, 09:00 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideandslide View Post
Yep ! AC great as of now, on the 3rd unit, 2 year warrentee from Dometic, so Dealer has been great, they just replace the unit with a new one N/C. Was told that Dometic had some problems. But the newest one is working better than any of the others ! Fingers Crossed !!!!!!!!!!
Gotcha. So it was an A/C manufactur warranty with the work done by the dealer. Noted! Going to add a note to my inspection list to get the specific manufacture warranty details for each major appliance.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:19 PM   #22

All that info should be in your owners package from Forrest River when you take delivery !