Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2012, 10:19 AM   #1

Picking up new TT in winter ?

Short version..bought at RV show 2 weeks ago, DW is not happy about waiting until mid April to pick up. We're on the prairies, it's WINTER still, I'm thinking to do a proper PDI we'd like to use water, etc. at the dealer, plus just spend time doing it right....not at -10 C !!

Plus campsites don't open until May 5th or so...and I'd have to clear 2 feet of snow from backyard to park unit. Am I right to wait for warmer weather ??

Or just being a wuss ?

papaquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Yep, you're a wuss. Me too. I'd wait, too.

Pricejh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
You will be glad you waited, it is worth it to be patient and do a through run through when it is not so cold. Congrats and happy camping.
ghoststories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:26 PM   #4

Well, talked to dealer today and they said unit would be inside when we come to get it, so now have to weigh that factor. Need them to setup WD hitch as well, so we'll be there for a while.

Hmmmm, what to do..
papaquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Won't they store it for you until you can pick it up? That would be great customer service. We purchased our previous 5-r during a run of single-digit temps in January 2004. The dealer stored it in their fenced/locked overflow yard until April when we could give it a proper PDI & tow it home when the roads were clear.

Couldn't hurt to ask.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:01 PM   #6

We have to get some tractor work done to prepare the area where the TT will be parked.
The dealer is going to keep it until spring.
I plan on going over to see it when it gets delivered, lock it up and bring the keys home.
I don't want them showing it during our cruddy weather!
Old 02-29-2012, 10:54 AM   #7

Go pick it up and head south come back home when it warms up
Old 02-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete1985 View Post
Go pick it up and head south come back home when it warms up
That would be sweet!
We'll be full timers in 5 years or less. We have some patience...
Old 03-01-2012, 05:48 AM   #9

I am in the same predicament, , I am supposed to go do my pdi tomorrow and take delivery. It just snowed here today I will be calling them in seeing if they have at least in a garage we can do it in. I am not looking forward to happen all the junk on the bottom of it from the roads. I may suggest a time when it's a little bit warmer unfortunately
Old 03-07-2012, 07:14 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Pre trip inspection

I pick mine up tomorrow, prior to getting it i crawled under it and found the cheap wire conectors which i will replace with heat shrink conectors, Also fasten and tape wires, I opened all windows checked window seals, It rained so i looked thru the trailer for leaks, iI had a long inspection sheet with me and checked all, Except when i get the trailer home i will run water thru the system. It would be best for you to wait, At least for the snow to melt.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #11

TT PTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icamp2TT View Post
I pick mine up tomorrow, prior to getting it i crawled under it and found the cheap wire conectors which i will replace with heat shrink conectors, Also fasten and tape wires, I opened all windows checked window seals, It rained so i looked thru the trailer for leaks, iI had a long inspection sheet with me and checked all, Except when i get the trailer home i will run water thru the system. It would be best for you to wait, At least for the snow to melt.
It is stricking to me that hard earned money is spent on what for some is a new way of living and having to fix it before you even get on the road.

I have not bought new before but, during the PDI can a buyer make that a deal breaker if you are not happy with say the wiring. That the dealer/manufacture take responsibility for a quality product.

You know what I'm saying.

dasu450 is offline   Reply With Quote