Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2014, 08:39 PM   #1

Pismo beach?

If you have been there do you recommend any place to stay?

Thanks!!!
PrdNavywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2014, 08:59 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Pismo coast village.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:54 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
There are many camps in the area but I prefer Pismo Coast Village also. Pictures on the net. While there you can check out the others.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:19 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Depends, if your into the dunes you can dry camp on the beach, if you're an Elk's member you can stay in Oceano, I think there are 2 State Campgrounds. Pismo Coast Village is nice, some complain that the spots are too close together but you can walk into town or the beach easily. If it were me I'd stay at Pismo Coast Village.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:41 PM   #5

Stayed at Pacific Dunes Ranch last June. We liked it fine but there are no real amenities other than full hookups. You have to bring your own fire bowl. They say it can get windy, though for our stay that was never a problem. We liked it because it was quiet and relatively spread out. We had tried to get into Pismo Village for that weekend but it was booked. We drove past it and were glad we weren't in there, because it looked packed. Would have been nice to have a pool, and walking distance to town would have been nice, but since we had a vehicle to drive it was really no problem. No matter where you stay, Pismo and the surrounding area is quite enjoyable.

Andre
Heymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:44 PM   #6

We stayed at Pismo Sands, sites very close, otherwise a nice park. There are several state parks in the area. If we were to go there again, we would stay in a state park, not really worth the money, but we like to camp and the surroundings are nicer then being 5' or less from your neighbor.

Have you checked out RV Park Reviews? It is a great source to get reviews along with the park's info.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:56 PM   #7

Forest River Owners Club
Does that ever bring back memories. Back in the 70's my dad had a truck camper. Very basic back then, but it had a fibreglass pop top for headroom and the back was an all glass sliding door. We backed towards the ocean, right on Pismo Beach. Beautiful sunset. With the tailgate down we could put two lawnchairs on it. My brother and me had fun combing the beach, memories...rving
LittleHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:41 PM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Definitely Pismo Coast Village.
arveer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleHouse View Post
Does that ever bring back memories. Back in the 70's my dad had a truck camper. Very basic back then, but it had a fibreglass pop top for headroom and the back was an all glass sliding door. We backed towards the ocean, right on Pismo Beach. Beautiful sunset. With the tailgate down we could put two lawnchairs on it. My brother and me had fun combing the beach, memories...rving

That's awesome! We went out there without the rv and we wished we hadn't lol. We hope to get it but if we can't.. Next summer for sure!
PrdNavywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:38 PM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I went there in the 70's with my Bronco. Camped on the beach. Could drive to and climb Devils Slide, way at the south end, closed now.
As I recall, there is a nice campground up at Moro Bay. Just a little up the coast from Pismo.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote