Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I just want to know who would want them, and why?

Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2012, 01:21 PM   #30

You might try looking at post #1.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:51 PM   #31

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
I just want to know who would want them, and why?
The OP wants to put mirrors on the ceiling of their RV to go with the stripper pole. No need to read first post.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:05 PM   #32

<coffee spew>...... No, no mirrors on the ceiling or stripper poles. ha ha ha ha! Gee, I didn't expect this thread to turn into a giggle fest. Great fun.

I need them to do some repair work. I'll be taking out a bad wall and ceiling in the shower area and replacing it with this stuff.
Shop DPI 1/8"D x 4'W x 8'H White Hardboard Wall Panel at Lowes.com

The Daisy's were recommended by my brother who has done some RV restoration to help hold the stuff up. They are used a lot for mirrors but that's not my intended use. Since I am very concerned with weight issues.... wood molding are not an option.

LOL .... stripper pole
Old 09-29-2012, 06:04 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ok guys, take it easy on me, the OP really didn't say what they were for. All I saw was what looked to me was some plastic daisy on the ceiling? Now, if I would've known they were for stripper poles, ..... Well, that's a different story.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #34

Gulf Streamers Club
I used to use that paneling for a cheap Dry Erase board in my classroom. (then) It was about $8 verus $120 for a 'store bought' one. The other teachers liked it so much I ended up putting up 12 of them around the school. Never thought to use it in a bathroom though.

Bob & Donna
Old 09-29-2012, 11:53 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
I used to use that paneling for a cheap Dry Erase board in my classroom. Never thought to use it in a bathroom though.
I apologize, I think I sent the wrong link. That white hard stuff is what I put on my leather working bench a couple weeks ago. Works great for that!

This is what I meant to link to. It's got a slight texture and bends easily which is why I'll use it in the bath. The ceiling is curved.

Shop Parkland Plastics .06" x 4' x 8' Bright White Plastic Wall Panel at Lowes.com

Here's where it's going. I've got lots of work to do on this... mostly cosmetic but this area especially needs new walls. Feel free to thumb though the pictures. If you see my pointing it's a soft wall in the bathroom closet.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
Old 09-30-2012, 12:03 AM   #36

Gulf Streamers Club
Wow, that's quite a project you've got there! A 'slight' leak in the roof, huh? Was it stored underwater? The hard work will be worth it when you get to use it! I've seen the before photos, can't wait to see the after ones. Good luck with it!

Bob & Donna
Old 10-01-2012, 01:12 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Wow, that's quite a project you've got there! A 'slight' leak in the roof, huh? can't wait to see the after ones. Good luck with it!
LOL I was limited on budget and got it for $650. yeah it had a leak but the ceiling doesn't appear to have any dry rot. The ceiling is sealed now... it does however have a few soft spots below the left side of the window and in the bath area. That's why the ceiling/wall replacements in there. I'm going to just use some Kilz on the ceiling in the main area and remove some of that horrid paneling and replace with some bead board paneling I have already and I'll probably paint that too.

The door concerns me a bit since the last "handy person" did a schlock job of a repair. Looks like we'll have to take it off and fix it right since $300 for a replacement door is not an option... at least not right now. Sheesh the weight distribution anti sway hitch I need is that much! Then there is the electric brakes....

I'm going to also channel my first husband an autobody person and use a plunger and some heat shrink techniques to get that dent out of the roof in the back. Or while I have the ceiling off in the bathroom, I'll just push it from the inside.

If you are interested here are the fabrics, paints, and flooring I've picked out. But I might just scrub the crap out of the existing 1979 flooring and put down new acrylic finish instead of putting down vinyl tile. Oh and I'm using some bone colored leather to pipe all the cushions (maybe)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	upholsterycolors.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	562.8 KB
ID:	27088  
Old 10-01-2012, 01:52 AM   #38

Renovations

Best of luck with your renovations. Take pictures as you go along. I've had to do major wall rebuilding on my TT. My experience with a leaky roof has been that you need to rip the entire roof off both exterior and interior. Mold is trapped between the wet layers. Do what you can and then save up more $ and do some more. What make is your trailer,year?
Old 10-01-2012, 02:27 AM   #39

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
When I rebuilt a Travel Trailer for my son I got a rather good door at an auto wreckers for about $50.00 and that included the blind that rolled down for privacy. If you lived close enough I think I have a panel and trip for the outside of your unit.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:46 PM   #40

1979 Free Spirit Cub, by Holiday Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam-3 View Post
Best of luck with your renovations. Take pictures as you go along. I've had to do major wall rebuilding on my TT. My experience with a leaky roof has been that you need to rip the entire roof off both exterior and interior. Mold is trapped between the wet layers. Do what you can and then save up more $ and do some more. What make is your trailer,year?
I'll take pictures as we go along if I remember. Right now the big deal is that DH is working full time plus mandatory over time. 12 hours tonight alone. Anyway... we still haven't got the dang thing home yet. . Wiring needs to be done on our Explorer and the trailer before we can even limp it home the 1.X miles from where it sits. So I've basically been doing a lot of list making and shopping for the interior. I have some materials on hand but I figure it will be next spring before we get a moment to use it.

It's a 1979 Free Spirit Cub, by Holiday Rambler. Luckily it came with what looks like all the papers/manuals, etc. and then some. Funny thing is I had a trailer with just about the exact layout 15 years ago but had nothing to pull it here, to Idaho, so I sold it to my brother.

I read somewhere that propylene glycol (car antifreeze) Kills mold and fungus. I might give that a try. It's pretty dry here near Boise so I would not be surprised if the wood between the layers is dry by now. But thanks for the heads up

Possum: Panel and trip? Do you mean the piece where the picture shows a hunk of plastic or something glued to the outside? I believe that is where the hot water heater goes. Which btw, is sitting in the inside. LOL I'll need to measure the opening once we pull that stop gap cover off. And find a exhaust grill/door doohicky.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:14 PM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Basically yes, keep us informed with your progress. I thought the opening was for the exterior fridge access.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:20 PM   #42

Rosettes are used in manufacturing of Mobile Homes (ie: manufactured housing). Any dealer selling that type unit should be able to supply the rosettes

Tags
ceiling