Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-09-2015, 08:52 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 10
Plumbing diagram

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and also I just bought a used 2008 Kodiak Skamper 24RB-SL. travel trailer.
I love this trailer but when I got it home I found there is one spot in the floor that was wet (under a throw rug) beside the bed. It is the size of my heel but feels like a hole under the lament flooring. So I am looking for a diagram of all the water lines and tanks in this camper. There is a outside barrier, for lack of a better word, under the camper that I can see no damage on but I Also can not see and plumbing lines or tanks either. Can anyone help me get a diagram of where all these things are. Maybe I can make a decision where the water is coming from. There are no signs of a roof leak either.
Thanks for any help in advance.
Vickie
__________________

__________________
Vrayparrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2015, 09:05 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Ray,IN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: North America somewhere
Posts: 13,709

I've never seen or heard of a plumbing diagram for a trailer, but the mfgr. might have one they can email to you. Many trailers have the water pump under the bed, this is a common source of water leaks. With the water pump on, and system pressurized, blot every connection with a paper towel to locate any seepage. Also, the water pump will cycle for a short burst if you do have any leak in the plumbing system, just turn on the pump, and do not use any water for 10-20 minutes to test the entire system.
__________________

__________________
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:15 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post

I've never seen or heard of a plumbing diagram for a trailer, but the mfgr. might have one they can email to you. Many trailers have the water pump under the bed, this is a common source of water leaks. With the water pump on, and system pressurized, blot every connection with a paper towel to locate any seepage. Also, the water pump will cycle for a short burst if you do have any leak in the plumbing system, just turn on the pump, and do not use any water for 10-20 minutes to test the entire system.
Well there is nothing under the bed but we will check the water pump and water heater again, they are under the dinnette seat. When we had our demo at the company where we bought it from they had water in the tank but during the demo we cleaned out all that so I'll need to refill the water tank and see if that's where it could be coming from. If the soft spot is under the linoleum how can I find a leak under that?
Thank you so much for you help. I love these forums where good people try to help each other out!!
Vickie
__________________
Vrayparrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:32 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Ray,IN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: North America somewhere
Posts: 13,709
Water damage can show up a long way from the source. I'd first attempt to determine if the plumbing is actually leaking, using the method I offered. If the pump holds pressure and does not short-cycle when no water is used, it pretty-much eliminated the plumbing and pump.
The next would be to determine if their is a water leak through the skin or roof of the RV. IMO, the most dependable method is to locate an RV repair shop that has, and uses, a Seal-Tech leak detection system.
When we bought our new 5er, I discovered the first rain that it had a water leak. The dealer's technician used the Seal-Tech system and located that leak source over 20' from where it appeared inside the 5er. He continued and found 3 more very small leaks I hadn't spotted. That was 2005; we never had another leak between then and when we sold the 5er in 2013.
Just talking here; if you have a leak around a clearance light, simply drill a 1/8" hole in the bottom of each lens. Any water leaking into the lens will drain out instead of filling the lens to the wiring hole and leaking into the wall. I discovered that the hard way with our first 5er.
__________________
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 05:24 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Water damage can show up a long way from the source. I'd first attempt to determine if the plumbing is actually leaking, using the method I offered. If the pump holds pressure and does not short-cycle when no water is used, it pretty-much eliminated the plumbing and pump.
The next would be to determine if their is a water leak through the skin or roof of the RV. IMO, the most dependable method is to locate an RV repair shop that has, and uses, a Seal-Tech leak detection system.
When we bought our new 5er, I discovered the first rain that it had a water leak. The dealer's technician used the Seal-Tech system and located that leak source over 20' from where it appeared inside the 5er. He continued and found 3 more very small leaks I hadn't spotted. That was 2005; we never had another leak between then and when we sold the 5er in 2013.
Just talking here; if you have a leak around a clearance light, simply drill a 1/8" hole in the bottom of each lens. Any water leaking into the lens will drain out instead of filling the lens to the wiring hole and leaking into the wall. I discovered that the hard way with our first 5er.
Thanks I'll check those areas.
Explain a little better how to short cycle the pump. I put water in the holding tank and then turn on the pump but don't turn on the faucet, correct. If the pump comes on it is leaking somewhere right? What about the Gray water and the you know nasty water??? All they had in it was clean water ( they hadd sanitized and cleaned it) in all the tanks so I don't know if these tanks are leaking. If they are how would I check them??
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!!
__________________
Vrayparrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:45 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Ray,IN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: North America somewhere
Posts: 13,709
Short=cycling is what happens when there is a pressure leak in the fresh water plumbing, not a good thing, because it means water damage somewhere, if left un-repaired. If the fresh water system does not have any leak/pressure drop, the pump will never run unless you turn on something to use water.
The grey and black tanks cannot leak up into the floor and cause that soft spot, any holding tank leakage will drip from the bottom of the RV.
__________________
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 08:08 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Short=cycling is what happens when there is a pressure leak in the fresh water plumbing, not a good thing, because it means water damage somewhere, if left un-repaired. If the fresh water system does not have any leak/pressure drop, the pump will never run unless you turn on something to use water.
The grey and black tanks cannot leak up into the floor and cause that soft spot, any holding tank leakage will drip from the bottom of the RV.
Nothing that I can tell seem to be leaking but I have not Filled the fresh water tank and turned the pump on yet as I didn't know how to check this. Thanks for the clarification.
Everybody on here are the best for trying to help!!
__________________

__________________
Vrayparrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
plumbing



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Water filters and plumbing diagram falconman Monaco Owner's Forum 9 10-09-2015 11:41 AM
Bounder: Plumbing diagram for 1999 Bounder 39Z coventryhale Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum 3 04-23-2015 05:18 AM
Plumbing diagram for 1990 34' Pace Arrow Tecelote Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum 7 04-07-2014 04:35 PM
Plumbing Diagram 2008-10 Scepter/Camelot family coaches Rambling Man Monaco Owner's Forum 1 01-28-2014 08:19 AM
plumbing diagram for wet bay 2000 DSDP dwmcg Newmar Owner's Forum 7 06-01-2013 03:28 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.