Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-08-2015, 01:36 AM   #1
Power Centers

Hi I'm putting together my parta for a MDT conversion but I'm going to ask my travel trailer brothers and sisters this one. Getting ready to purchase a power center and was wondering if anyone has used or hear about progressive Dyanamic mini 45 amp rv power converter charger with ac/dc panel PD4045. The research I've done it looks pretty good. I plan on calling them tomorrow to ask can I buy it from any store front online or walk up will I have their support and 2 year warranty if needed.
A couple of reviews I read purchased on the big "A" mentioned no support from seller and were having problems from PD so I'll ask them.

guestPacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2015, 01:34 PM   #2
I have a 2000 Sunline 25' Travel Trailer which started to display electrical issues last year. Finally after several intermittent things failing, it had a complete power shutdown when on shore power. When electric was plugged to my vehicle, there was no problem. Upon pulling the electrical converter unit out, there it was - packed with dust and a BURN short at the back. With some helpful advice from others & checking online, I located a good match, upgrade at Parallax Power Supply for under $200. though other suppliers listed the same series 7100 for more money. I placed the new one next to the old unit and slowly, (did I say slowly?) switched wire for wire and it came out fine. My electrical friend tested & all is working. My advice, get an electrician to trace the issue before guessing or starting to replace piecemeal. Keep it dustfree and it'll last longer.

Frank Cates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:30 PM   #3
I'm actually starting from scratch with my conversion 8x17 and my electrical knowledge keeps me out of any mishaps.

Since I posted this thread another forum member suggested something like ainverter charger 1800 watt and I can use a small 110 ac box for distribution and the samefor the 12v side but it will also sense when your House batteries need chargingand take care of it when connected to shore power while I continue to use AC.
Currently I just have a 1500 watt which I'll continue to use but it'll just go directly to my house batteries.

yes you kind of have to watch out for though dark and dusty corners it should be on ones spring cleaning list. anything with an electric motor attracts dust

1999 Fleetwood Prowler LS NW Edition
guestPacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 03:26 AM   #4
Outdoors RV Owners Club

I have had great experience with Progressive Dynamics converter charger - very dependable unit. I suggest you call Randy at Best Converter - they answer and/or call back promptly and are very helpful.

Good luck with your project!

Kathy G
KKTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 03:42 PM   #5
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
When my RV was new (2005) I noticed Damon installed a Progressive Dynamnics Intella-power with charge wizard.

I researched trying to find a better one (Still doing that) Have yet to succeed in that research, Seems there are none better.. A few I'd call just as good, but none better.

Does this help you decide.. NOTE this applies to ALL the PD Intella-Powwers that either have the wizard built in or plugged in (Depending on the model).
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote