Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2010, 07:10 AM   #1

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Preliminary Leveling

Hi All!

Looking for something for initial leveling without too much fuss. I'm looking at some of the wireless gadgets.

Just bought an EZ RV Leveler from CIPA. Will try it this coming weekend. Tried it on a level surface yesterday and it seems pretty accurate?

any other suggestions

Tom
Coach-Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2010, 07:36 AM   #2

I have one of those big bubble levels on the fivers pin box. I simply look in the rear view mirror at it, stop and add blocks under the tires necessary, then back up onto the blocks and am done.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:31 AM   #3

I use the same thing and it works great. However, I use ramp type level blocks. I simply place them behind the tires and back up till the bubble is level. Side to side level...done. Then I just use the tongue to level the front to back with the same type of level. Works like a charm.
schupaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:06 PM   #4

i just use a carpenter level, one 3foot for the interior floor and one 12" for the tongue, and this may sound funny but if you have a good condition flat bottom fry pan put it on the stove and add water to the pan, about a cup, when the water stays evenly dispersed then your trailer is usually level, at least thats what i do, i can stand cooking on whe all the fluids run to one side of the pan, Grandfather taught me this.
shipwreck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:02 AM   #5

I have Wally-World levels ( used bar level to locate them) at all four corners of TT. I use Lynks leverler blocks and wood to adjust the level of the TT. Works for me.