Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2016, 10:53 PM   #1

Pro Pride

How many of you TT types have this hitch? I am interested in it for my next trailer. Just trying to justify the cost. Thanks.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2016, 11:55 AM   #2

pro-pride

We have had this hitch for about 3 years & in the past we have had other hitches on two other rigs & nothing compares to the pro-pride. The latest was a Reese Dual Cam & was OK, but after trying to outrun a nasty storm in Florida & it failing to keep me from changing lanes during a wind burst that is when we decided to spend the money on something better. We have been in some nasty weather since with this setup & have had no worries about how the trailer reacts. If you are concerned about price, contact them & see if the buy back if you are not satisfied still exists. Like others who have purchased this hitch we sound like we are on Pro-pride's payroll & we as well were leery about the reviews. If you need more info let me know.

Old 02-13-2016, 12:28 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We also have the Pro Pride hitch. Our trailer is an Arctic Fox Model 32 A. The trailer is 34 1/2 feet long and is quite heavy. Obviously, the hitch is quite expensive. But, it is worth every penny. I have never ever felt the effects of an18 wheeler coming up from behind, or any Crosswinds. While driving through Montana and Wyoming last year we were subjected to some serious sidewinds and I felt no effects whatsoever. Our prior trailer was a 30 foot airstream, and we had the Hensley Arrow hitch on that trailer. It also performed wonderfully, but, I think I prefer the Pro Pride. I believe they are priced similarly.
Old 02-13-2016, 12:47 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I think if you have a fairly large trailer and/or have had problems with sway in the past, it's a good investment for safety. I have a smallish mid-sized trailer, and even high side winds are helped a great deal with the Equal-I-Zer 4 way hitch I'm using, and at a fraction of the cost of the Pro-Pride.

But I was 50-50 on the Pro Pride before I settled on which trailer I was going to get. I am convinced of it's usefulness, but not convinced I need it for my rig.
Old 02-14-2016, 12:02 PM   #5

We have a Artic Fox 25Y and was going to go with Equal-I-Zer but after reviewing the Pro Pride we bought it and it works great in the wind and with the 18 wheelers going by. Yes I was also concern about price but I am glad I only had to pay for a hitch one time and would not turn back and do not regret not buying it. Went from a pop-up to a 30 footer and drove it from WA to CO for the 1st time and the trailer pulled great. Takes some time to get used to hitching trailer up. I have some aids I us and would be happy to give pictures of them. Just PM me.
redwing10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 09:48 PM   #6

Bob check out the ProPride thread over at Airstream Trailer & Motorhome Owners Community. Lots of Airstream folks use the ProPride. I am on my second trailer (30ft Classic) and second ProPride (first was on an FC 25). Great WD hitch. Great service from Sean the owner. Pass a semi opposite direction at 65mph and there is no sway or bump. I've driven in 40 mph sidewinds and still don't know the trailer is there. Can't say enough good things about it.
ghaynes754 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 09:09 PM   #7

I did a lot of research and for reasons that may cause comparisons I chose the hensley arrow. I will say I have no complaints and it works amazingly. since both hitches are based on pretty much the same principles I would think its just 12 of one and a dozen of an other kind of thing.
Old 02-21-2016, 12:20 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVGuy1966 View Post
I did a lot of research and for reasons that may cause comparisons I chose the hensley arrow. I will say I have no complaints and it works amazingly. since both hitches are based on pretty much the same principles I would think its just 12 of one and a dozen of an other kind of thing.
Wait a minute, isn't it 6 to one half a dozen to others?
Old 02-21-2016, 09:30 AM   #9

I have used the Hensley Arrow on a previous TT. I bought it used. Saved a bundle. Sold it for $50.00 less than I paid for it. It worked exactly as advertised. I was using an F150 with MaxTow, E rated tires and SuperSprings. The TT tongue weight was 900-950lbs, weighed 7300lbs and was 31' long. It will remove all the push pull you feel when running beside and passing a semi. Winds never bother it. Only down side is hitching and unhitching. I found it to be a little tricky at times. Especially when you're on uneven ground. We dry camp mostly so we're parking on dirt spurs. You have to line up just right to get the stinger to go in the HA. The nice part was that the whole unit stays on the TTs coupler. All you have to do is remove the stinger from the trucks receiver when not in use. (Saves chin banging) Less to deal with than WD and spring bars. No periodic greasing of parts either.
I would look for a used one again if I were to get anther TT. Absolutely the best type of sway control WD on the market. ProPride is as good or better IMO , just never owned one. But it works on the same principle. Both are great, just pick the one you want.
Old 02-22-2016, 06:40 PM   #10

wait a minute, wait 60 seconds.

I have been using my HA for about 2 years now and only missed the receiver one or two times. Its old hat now so once the learning curve is achieved your golden....
Old 02-22-2016, 07:36 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
It is amazing what you can do with a back up camera on the truck <G>
Pricejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 07:29 PM   #12

I am sure given enough time I could have dialed the old ez-lift in and made it work but I hate white knuckles.
Old 02-24-2016, 06:09 PM   #13

I look and looked at them and just could not get myself to spend that type of $$$$$ on
them. I finally took the several K I would have spend and purchase a new 1 ton truck.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:39 PM   #14

pro pride and HA can be had for less than 1000 if you look hard enough and with the HA you can trade out the stinger for the cost of shipping.