Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2014, 08:12 PM   #1

Unhappy Problems with Forest River Wildcat

This is my 1st post. We purchased a new 2014 27' Wildcat in Sept. of 2013. This was our 1st RV purchase & we were very excited. Unfortunately it has been a huge disappointment. The trailer has been in for warranty work at the dealership & the manufacturer's plant for over 50 days & now we are looking at another major problem. It has leaked from the ceiling, soaked the flooring from the underside with road water, & leaked into the wall behind the shower. Forest River has supposedly fixed all of the leaks & assured us that the trailer has not been structurally compromised. We have been reluctant to accept that, but could not find anyone to assist in our battle with the company. NOW, we have discovered that the underside of the trailer looks like it is about to explode. It is bulging from one end to the other. We e-mailed FR yesterday, but have not gotten a response. Today I spoke with an attorney. His says we need to find someone in the RV industry that can look at the history of all of this warranty work & put into writing their professional opinion about the product that we own. At that point we could take them to court. If you, or anyone you know, has been faced with anything similar we would appreciate their advice. We just wanted to pack up & go for a few days here & there, but have had to cancel 3 planned vacations this year because of the problems. Thanks for reading & for any help you may provide.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2014, 08:44 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to mike.t Send a message via MSN to mike.t Send a message via Yahoo to mike.t
Your attorney is not doing his job.

2013 Ram 1500 4X4 Hemi
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 12:33 AM   #3

Make sure you have Gap insurance and push it over a cliff.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:12 AM   #4

Very Tempting....
Old 09-11-2014, 10:18 AM   #5

I agree. However, it has been very difficult to find anyone interested in taking this on since there is no lemon law in the Travel Trailer world.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:57 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRWildcat View Post
Very Tempting....

I can feel your frustration. We had SOB and hated it. It towed like a POS. Didn't really have any major issues with it. It was just real jerky towing. so much so that my wife had a hard time reading or writing in her travel journal while going down the road. I literally thought about driving in a ditch and would've if I knew I'd be okay and would come out financially. It was that bad. It's a shame that the RV industry gets away with this type of shoddy construction. JMO but brand matters not in these cases. It seems as though they make just enough good ones that it out weighs the bad ones. More people have less trouble than you have so all is good to them.
There's also the newbie buyer that must account for a decent market share and I suppose they aren't yet privy to all the downfalls.

70's construction techniques just don't cut it on 2014.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRWildcat View Post
This is my 1st post. We purchased a new 2014 27' Wildcat in Sept. of 2013. This was our 1st RV purchase & we were very excited. Unfortunately it has been a huge disappointment. The trailer has been in for warranty work at the dealership & the manufacturer's plant for over 50 days & now we are looking at another major problem. It has leaked from the ceiling, soaked the flooring from the underside with road water, & leaked into the wall behind the shower. Forest River has supposedly fixed all of the leaks & assured us that the trailer has not been structurally compromised. We have been reluctant to accept that, but could not find anyone to assist in our battle with the company. NOW, we have discovered that the underside of the trailer looks like it is about to explode. It is bulging from one end to the other. We e-mailed FR yesterday, but have not gotten a response. Today I spoke with an attorney. His says we need to find someone in the RV industry that can look at the history of all of this warranty work & put into writing their professional opinion about the product that we own. At that point we could take them to court. If you, or anyone you know, has been faced with anything similar we would appreciate their advice. We just wanted to pack up & go for a few days here & there, but have had to cancel 3 planned vacations this year because of the problems. Thanks for reading & for any help you may provide.
We are having a lot of issues with our new Black Stone, fortunately no water leaks above the floor. I feel your pain, our trailer has been at the dealers (now at the factory) for over half the time we have owned it. I too would be hesitant to except the manufacture's claim regarding water damage. I would explore all the avenues you can regarding this trailer. I would get all of Forest Rivers (and dealers) work orders/repairs that have been done on your trailer then take it to an independent RV repair shop. I would also try to get Forest River to give you an additional year warranty on the repairs, after all they are telling you they fixed it and there is no damage to the trailer.

Tags
cat