Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2014, 08:15 AM   #1

Evergreen Owners Club
Pro's and con's between

Looking for pro''s and cons between the Jayco white hawk and the aerolite built by keystone both are bunk bed models in the 28 foot range , the only plus that i can see in the aerolite is that it has a king bed , I would give up the king bed if the jayco is that much better of a trailer , " build quality ect, "

Opinions please

Thank you
mike

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2014, 02:11 PM   #2

Evergreen Owners Club
I would think someone has to no somebody with one of these trailer's and have some info on them ,

thank you
mike

Old 08-21-2014, 04:03 PM   #3

I just bought the white hawk a month ago no problem yet
Old 08-21-2014, 06:38 PM   #4

I owned a Jayco for 20 years and was very happy with it. Did a lot of research and looked at a lot of new tt's including the White Hawk bunk models. Bought a new Outdoors Mfg. Creekside 26BKS in June and couldn't be happier. All three are similar floor plans. Good luck
John
Old 08-25-2014, 10:21 PM   #5

Jayco Owners Club
I know 2 guys that have Jayco trailers, and 1 guy that has a Keystone. My very good friend with the Keystone is not handy and I help him a lot. I would not, based on my experience helping my friend, EVER buy a Keystone product. The Jayco guys seem to be pretty happy and trouble-free. I'll be looking at Jayco trailers if I ever decide to upgrade. My Surveyor seems about as trouble-free as the Jayco stuff. However... I've seen folks on these boards cussing Surveyors and other Forest River brands... so it can be a crap shoot... I'd be looking at the Outdoors stuff, too, but no dealers within several hundred miles of me... Que las tima... (what a pity)...
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:09 PM   #6

We had a a White Hawk......for 4 months. Traded it in, my opinion is it is a low quality trailer. You could see daylight behind the bed. Ceilings are not tall enough if you are over 6'. It was just not our cup of tea.
GWDawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:01 AM   #7

We have had our 2013 Whitehawk 31DSLB for 2 years now and have been very satisfied with it. We looked at several different brands and liked the layout and the use of space that Whitehawk had plus the 2 year warranty.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:55 PM   #8

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1751 View Post
We have had our 2013 Whitehawk 31DSLB for 2 years now and have been very satisfied with it. We looked at several different brands and liked the layout and the use of space that Whitehawk had plus the 2 year warranty.
Thank you again

We are going back and forth between the bunk model and the rear living room model , wife and I both like the rear living but since we have a 6 year old girl with a lot of stuff I'm thinking the bunk model mite be better for her to keep all her stuff and not having to make sofa bed every day and night
Old 09-04-2014, 03:12 PM   #9

We have 2 boys and the bunk works great. It gives them there own space plus with the couch and slide out closet in the bunk room was a nice feature compared to others we looked at.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:24 PM   #10

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
We have 2 boys and the bunk works great. It gives them there own space plus with the couch and slide out closet in the bunk room was a nice feature compared to others we looked at.
I have looked at the 28dsbh and now looking at the 31dsbl , how does the one air condition hold up on these large trailer's . they should make it a option for a 2nd a.c
Old 09-06-2014, 12:41 AM   #11

We have the 13.5k btu and have never had a issue. We camp on the east coast. We always try to get wooded sites also as being in the shade makes a big difference. You can get the Whitehawk with a 15K btu also. If I where from or camping in hotter area's then I would recommend getting the larger BTU unit.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:24 AM   #12

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
We have the 13.5k btu and have never had a issue. We camp on the east coast. We always try to get wooded sites also as being in the shade makes a big difference. You can get the Whitehawk with a 15K btu also. If I where from or camping in hotter area's then I would recommend getting the larger BTU unit.
Thank you
Old 09-06-2014, 08:48 AM   #13

Take a look at the open range 308bhs its a trailer with a bunkhouse and an awsone living room setup the bunkhouse also as a low priced option a booth dinette that converts to a bunk as wellthe ac is more than enough check out their website lots of options