Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2011, 03:05 PM   #1

Send a message via MSN to Pghwizard Send a message via Yahoo to Pghwizard
Prowler help?? Make the beeping stop please.

Hi gang, I bought a Prowler over the winter and have it here in the driveway getting ready for the season. We have loaded it up and everything has been fine, today I walk out and hear a beeping like a smoke alarm but darn if I can find where it is coming from or what it might be.
Not sure if it is low battery or carbon monoxide.... Clueless what it is or where it could be, any advise anyone?

Please help.
Pghwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2011, 03:40 PM   #2

If it happens to matter it is a Prowler 29 fbr
Old 05-08-2011, 06:12 PM   #3

Could be a smoke detector, CO detector, or more concerning a propane detector that senses a propane leak. Don't flip any switches or create sparks until you can isolate the source of the beeping. The propane detector will be at floor level.
KWMyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:02 PM   #4

I'll have to check again tomorrow but I don't think we had the propane on when it was beeping. I saw nothing on the ceiling and I'll have to look lower.
Thank you.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:29 PM   #5

I had the same thing happen...turned out to be the propane sensor..a 12 pack of Coke has slid against the front of the detector, and set off that alarm.

The propane detector is low..mine is in one side of the dinette..I think you have something too close to the detector.
husk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:32 PM   #6
KIX

If it's your propane detector low battery voltage can make it "beep'.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:39 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Open refrigerator doors will cause that also.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:56 PM   #8

I am thinking you need to check for a low battery.
Doug
2006 Ford F-350 Crew Cab Lariat 4X2 PSD 6.0 TorqShift Automatic Transmission. Upfitter Switchers Chrome Door Handles, Oxford White with lower part being Arizona Beige Metallic. Creative Coating Sprayed in bed liner (local Company in Little Rock AR) 2
WD40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:09 AM   #9

While a low battery is a potential problem......note that he said they had just loaded up the trailer..and then the beeping began.....

Having had that same thing happen..and, for some reason the alarm of the propane detector is hard to fix audibly as to where it it coming from...I checked the obvious..CO detector..smoke alarm.....finally noticed that the front of the propane detector was blocked by a Coke carton...

There is a safety feature on the detector that signals if the sensor is blocked by anything....anyway, I bet in a very friendly way..that is what it turns out to be..(smile).
husk is offline   Reply With Quote