Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2014, 09:18 PM   #1

Pulled new camper home today!

Traded my 2013 Apex 268 for a 2014 Arctic Fox 25p today. Apex was spotless but wanted a better floor plan and winter camping capability. Plus we never used the Apex's bunk beds. The Arctic Fox seems to be very well made. Much more floor space, bigger fridge, bigger stove, bigger hot water heater, etc. the only dislike is the retractable plastic sheeting shower curtain. I think I'll be replacing it with a bowed curtain rod. I think I could use a residential rod and curtain and save some money. Can't wait to get to a campsite with it!
Captain Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2014, 08:54 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Congrats on the new rig...The curved shower rod will definitely give you more room.......kind of strange the manufacture didn't think of that. How much extra could it have cost? Good luck with the new rig.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:31 AM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Hope you enjoy the new TT. That is the same model I am trying to find at a dealer around me to go look at but no one has one. Also looking at the Outdoors RV line. We have some time to wait, have to sell are current TT and do some driveway modifications to get a larger TT down it. What do you have for a tow vehicle for it?

Wes.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:09 PM   #4
NRR

Solo Rvers Club
That retractable plastic sheeting shower curtain is very durable. The 2004 22H I had came with one. I was surprised how well it held up over the years I had the trailer.

You made a good trailer choice, have fun with it.
NRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 06:42 PM   #5

I have a 22H model and I will never sell it. It works perfect for me and sure I could use extra room at times but like the size and ease of towing. I have made a lot of changes and it is set up just like I want.
You will love the 25P with the 4 season capability. Arctic Fox is number 2 next to Airstream. Make the changes you like and make it yours. Hope to see you on the road!
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 07:55 PM   #6

I'm using my Chevy Siverado with the 5.3 heavy duty towing package. I'm just grateful for the snowbirds that moved to SC and decided to get a big RV. It was an answer to my prayers!
Captain Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 12:32 PM   #7

Forest River Owners Club
me too some day

CAPTAIN SKIP, that Arctic Fox 25P is such a great floorplan and trailer from what I've read. While we love our 2013 Forest River 25' Sport trailer, I have already decided your 25P is what I want next. I compromised a bit with a couple of features on our current trailer to keep the Mrs. happy but I would have prefered to wait another year or two to afford your trailer. Sigh. But, I am retired and she's only got a couple of more years to work till she can retire so that's when we'll get the Arctic Fox! I hope you really enjoy your new rig, send pics and stories as time allows. Enjoy!
Old 11-20-2014, 10:58 PM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I just looked on the Arctic Fox website tonight and I don't see the 25P floor plan any longer. I hope they are not discontinuing that model. I really like that plan and have been trying to find a dealer that has one so I can take a look at it.