Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2016, 08:36 PM   #1

Puma 20RDC or Summerland 2020QB?

My husband and I are new to RVing and we want to buy a 20' trailer. We were thinking of the Summerland 2020QB but I've seen bad reviews of Keystone. Puma seems to have good reviews. We are empty-nesters so only 2 people in the trailer and mostly just weekend trips. Anyone have any suggestions?
WVWilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2016, 04:57 PM   #2

We just bought a slightly used, 2015 Puma 26 footer. We looked at many travel trailer brands, and felt like the Puma was pretty well built compared to many of the others.
We mostly based our decision though, on floorplan, based on our desire to stay under 28' in length. While we are VERY new to RV's, I suggest you think first about floorplan, and not so much about the manufacturer. You can get good, or bad, products from any manufacturer. If we had based our purchase decision on a manufacturer with mostly good reviews, we probably would not have bought a travel trailer at all, and just given up on RVing.
Good luck.
mowingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:25 PM   #3

I purchased a 2016 keystone Springdale 271 RL, we have been out a few times with it and no problems. I spent a lot of time in it this spring doing some mods to the cabinets by adding shelves and drawers. Besides some wasted space which I solved I have found no problems. I have a background in construction with over 30 years in the trades and also a licensed home inspector so I'm pretty good at picking out problems. So in my opinion keystone is built about the same as the rest and would have no problem in purchasing another one.
Springdale1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 08:09 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies!
WVWilley is offline   Reply With Quote