Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-28-2016, 04:28 PM   #1
Purchase advice

My TV is a 08 Tundra with a rating of 11,400 lbs

I just passed an RV dealer that showed me a used 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trailer Grand Reserve 33BD, said it was 2 weeks old when it was turned back in, which I don't believe because although it is in amazing very low used shape, I can tell they had hung a TV, etc.... Anyway, they offered me a price of 32,500 for it. I seem to find them on the net in very far off states for about 35,000 new. I'm torn between that trailer and the open range 310 BH which advertises for about 36/37k new. Wondering if I can talk the dealer on the open range down to 33ish.... The guy told me that the Crossroads is a "high end luxury RV that retails for above 50k and comparing it to open range prices is not fair due to the open range being a cheaper, lower quality item." seems very salesman ish statement to me but I decided to come ask the experts. They both have pros and cons on what my wife and I like and dislike, but is this a deal I should not pass up? I know it has some extras the open range doesn't, like power stabilizing jacks etc... I'm just so torn. Please if anyone has this brand and can give me some honest feed back I would greatly appreciate it. My wife and I kinda have to make this decision by Monday LOL.

ChrisCantrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2016, 05:00 PM   #2
Well I don't know anything about the trailer except what I read on their website, however I do have a 2008 Tundra with the full tow package. I tow a creek side 23dbs and its maximum weight is about 8000 lbs, I can't imagine comfortably towing that trailer you are looking at with my Tundra. I am not a weight weenie but you might want to try pulling a 10,000 lb trailer on a short trip before you plunk down a wad of cash on that heavy of a trailer. Do you know anyone who has a trailer you could try towing? For reference my trailer pulls on the flat in 5th gear and on any hill it downshifts. I have a really good weight distribution hitch with sway control. If I got a bigger/heavier trailer I would go with a 3/4 ton pickup. Nice looking trailer by the way.

Creekside 23 DBS
2017 Ram Cummins 2500
Soggy side of Oregon
Off Road is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 05:14 PM   #3
I currently have a trailer that is heavier than that Crossroads Grand Reserve and It actually pulls it just fine.... no problems at all. So I'm comfortable going to this trailer, being aluminum instead of wood, it is an upgrade yet weighs a little bit less.
ChrisCantrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 05:36 PM   #4
I have no idea of the trailer, but just make a low ball offer and walk away, and see what happens, If you have to have that unit, they have you by the Bal!!!!s
rideandslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:33 PM   #5
"The guy told me that the Crossroads is a "high end luxury RV that retails for above 50k and comparing it to open range prices is not fair due to the open range being a cheaper, lower quality item"

Lots of questionables in this statement....
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites
'10 F450 new to me
'09 F450 Lariat 4x4--died
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote

purchase, advice