Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2005, 10:20 AM   #1

Hello,

We currently own a popup, but attempted to purchase an Outback 26RS with the quad bunkhouse layout this past weekend. Unfortunately we couldn't come to an agreement with the dealer.

Since we are new to the TT world, we are trying to find out what other brands out there offer the quad bunk arrangement. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Thing '74
WicAndThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2005, 10:20 AM   #2

Hello,

We currently own a popup, but attempted to purchase an Outback 26RS with the quad bunkhouse layout this past weekend. Unfortunately we couldn't come to an agreement with the dealer.

Since we are new to the TT world, we are trying to find out what other brands out there offer the quad bunk arrangement. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Thing '74
Old 07-18-2005, 12:13 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Northwoods makes a quad bunkhouse trailer in both the "Nash" and "Artic Fox" lines. See the floor plan "Here".

But it is much too heavy of a trailer for the tow vehicle you have.

Another option is to look at a "Toyhauler". Nothwoods has a option where there are two queen sized "Bunk beds" in the rear in each of the floor plans. See all the floor plans "here".

And another where you can have FOUR queen sized beds. See floor plan "Here".

Just some that I am familiar with, I am sure there are others.

Don (W5IT)
Old 07-19-2005, 03:59 AM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to Rick A
You can to rvtraderonline.com and do a search for travel trailers and put in quad bunks in the keyword. Browse through the results and you will find a lot of models with quad bunks. This will give you a starting point.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:01 PM   #5

We just purchased, or actually, will be purchasing a KEYSTONE Springdale 298BHL-GL this Friday..yahoo!!! It has quad bunks in the rear, a couch and dinette slide, and a queen bedroom in the front - With your truck, I reackon you'd tow it with ease..I'm towing mine with an expedition...
Old 07-20-2005, 06:41 AM   #6

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Camper Stem - we tried to purchase an Outback 26RS from Madison RV in Huntsville, AL last weekend. However, they obviously didn't want to make a sell.... and they ticked me off, so anything Keystone is out of the question right now. I'm not ready to drive a great distance to find another dealer. Looking at the Springdale you listed, that is waaaaay too heavy a setup for my truck. Its GVW is 9500+ lbs! What's the specs on your Expedition?

Thing '74
Old 07-20-2005, 11:57 AM   #7

gross dry weight is 6140 - i can tow 8500. BUT i know i'll not have even close to 2k lbs of "stuff"...
=
i know what you mean about the dealers - i was kicking around a dutchman quad bunk also (oh yeah, you can check the dutchman lites) but i got the best deal from this place..i can guarantee you i didn't by BECAUSE of, but in spite of the salesperson...
Old 07-20-2005, 05:12 PM   #8

We have a Dutchmen lite with the rear quad bunks. It's a 25 foot and we really enjoy it. My husband pulls it with his Dodge Ram 1500. Good luck finding something you like!

Camping with our 4 kids
Dana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 01:04 PM   #9

Hey WIC..one thing - for us, a family of 5 plus 2 dogs and a cat, a slide was a must have - if you dont need a slide, you'll drop some weight very easily....
Old 07-21-2005, 03:54 PM   #10

I have a friend trying to sell one.

The trailer is on Vancouver Island. It is for sale due to "the big D". If he sells the trailer, she won't make him sell the boat.

It has quad forward, and queen aft. Not a bad trailer, he tows with a GMC "heavy half"(thats what I call it, cuz I don't call it a real 3/4 ton.

03 Ram 3500, CTD, Crew Cab, 4X4, DRW, 6 spd, pacbrake, aFe stage 1 mega cannon with Torq tube.
The Big Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 04:18 PM   #11

We have a Jayco 31 BHS. It is really nice, but is also probably too heavy for your TV. It may be time to upgrade trucks.

Scooter
Old 07-21-2005, 06:55 PM   #12

You could also look at the Fleetwood line of TT's they have several with Quads. But the length is in the 30' range. Hornet also offers one, but again in the 30' length.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:48 AM   #13

We've been thinking about upgrading the pop, and with 5 kids, we've been considering the Quad Bunkhouses. We haven't gone to any dealers yet, just internet shopping. Here's some for you:

Side Slide

Starcraft Tahiti
Starcraft Aruba
Coachmen Captiva
Aerolite Travel Trailers
K-Z RV Frontier
Palomino PUMA
Keystone Outback 28RSDS
Flagstaff by Forest River
Rockwood (Forest River)

No side slide

Aerolite Cub (Hybrid)
Jayco Jay Feather
Surveyor (Forest River)

Most of these are light weights or hybrids. Our tow vehicle is an 02 1500 Suburban, so we have to keep things light. Our current tow capacity is 7200, but if we change the rear gears we gain an extra 1000.

We started out looking at hybrids and hard slides. Then I came across the light weight travel trailers. There are some nice trailers there. I'm just not sure how comfortable I am towing around a 30'+ trailer.

I have to thank Dr Wes Leggett. This is where I got many of the links for the travel trailer manufacturers.

Campin Fool is offline   Reply With Quote