Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2013, 06:01 AM   #1

Question about my Travel Trailer for the Winter.

My TT has a enclosed bottom where the water pipes are and wondering if this would make it a all season trailer. Mine is a 2011 Gulfstream Innerbank 24 RBL model. I live in this trailer year round.

Thanks, Bob
Wildbob52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2013, 07:44 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I am afraid not. There is a lot more to a 4-season trailer than simply putting a bottom of the trailer.

It can be used a 4-season, provided you winter in the south.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:04 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
When we purchased our first TT I specifically asked if was considered a 4-seasons camper. The salesman assured me that it was. That should have been my first clue.
Within 4 weeks the fresh water tank sagged 7". We never filled the tank. It was filled at the dealer so they could test the water system. I don't know how much water they put in but it was not completely filled. I know because I drained the water to lessen the load on the already broken and loose straps.
I called Heartland and mentioned this idea of a 4-season camper. He said, "Well that term is thrown around a lot and it does not really mean that the unit can be used in temperatures below freezing."

Here's what they do to call it a 4-seasons camper. They insert one 2" heat duct under the floor so it can allow some warm air to enter the complete underside of the camper. that underside is covered in a piece of cardboard that has been covered with some plastic so it is sealed from water destroying the cardboard. It's called chloroplast. At 3/32 of an inch thick it won't add much insulating properties.

There are some units made with what is called an Arctic package that does provide much better protection from cold temps. Those that do full time in cold climates usually have to do a bunch of MODS to assure that things won't freeze.
TeJay
Old 10-25-2013, 07:52 PM   #4

There is no industry standard for "all season" or "arctic package" or "four seasons." So don't get hung up on terms.
Most likely, it's an enclosed underbelly, no insulation, and possibly a furnace duct.
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 02:12 PM   #5

Found out plumbing like water pipes are above wood floor inside of my trailer. Only my sewer tanks and clean out pipes are under the floor outside. Here in Tennessee it down to 27 degrees last night.
Wildbob52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbob52 View Post
Found out plumbing like water pipes are above wood floor inside of my trailer. Only my sewer tanks and clean out pipes are under the floor outside. Here in Tennessee it down to 27 degrees last night.
I bet you have low point drains exposed to the elements also, and that is part of your regular plumbing lines.
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:36 AM   #7

I just bought a 2014 240MK Laredo TT by Keystone with enclosed underbelly. They call it the Glacier package. All walls and roof have extra 2" of insulation and floor. I live in mine year round with temps to below zero. All my hoses I heat taped and insulated. This will be 1st winter in it. Last yr had 37' Clas A had no problem but had basement etc. Plan on putting up skirting too keep out cold winds. Several of my neighbors have older small TT's and no extra insulation and just do basics and they have no problems with cold. I will find out soon here in southwest Nebraska though.
First Timer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel, travel trailer, winter