Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2016, 10:00 PM   #15

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldfusion View Post
This is the best all around quality, price, noise level

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IW...WPL&ref=plSrch
Honda measures their noise level at full roar. Without knowing how this one is measured, seeing
Quote:
Running at a quiet 59-decibel noise level,
doesn't mean much to compare to other gennies.

It's also only 2600 continuous watts. Depending on the size of the AC it needs to run, it might not be enough.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2016, 01:46 AM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Go solar. Just remember the camper next to you. In a closely spaced campground, where your next door RVer is starring down your at your $169 Harbor Freight noise marker, you will wish you had bought the Honda or Yamaha.

2013 Aerolite Hybrid #232 ES
2014 Toyota Tundra Limited 5.7L
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 09:22 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldfusion View Post
This is the best all around quality, price, noise level

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IW...WPL&ref=plSrch

I noticed they offer the ability to connect a 2200 and a 3000 parallel. Pretty nice option for a 5200 watt gen to power my15k btu Ac and have a small one person lift gen as well.
bjlakatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 08:30 AM   #18

Most of the inverter generators are pretty quiet. We have a champion 3100 and are very happy with it.
Old 08-07-2016, 05:46 PM   #19

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I was in a CG with a youth group once. Showing a movie for the kids using my 3KW Honda in the shell camper. There was no power in the CG. We were at the gen shut down time but needed 5 more min. No one could hear the gen so we just let it run, ranger assistant came by. Wanted to know where we were getting power as she was unable to hear the gen. and gave us the extra time needed.
Highway 4x4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:49 AM   #20

You get what you pay for get a Honda.
Pete1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 05:29 PM   #21

I thought long and hard when I bought mine. the Honda 2000 isn't big enough so I would need 2. now your using twice the gas and the hassle of dragging 2. the 3000 was way to heavy. The Yamaha was only rated at 2600 continuous. they were my 1st and only choices. I saw the champion 3100 with 2800 continuous, remote/electric start and great reviews. I have other champion generators and have never let me down. price was no issue here. I just thought dollar for dollar, the champion wind hands down. plus you have the extra perks you get with it, and I can lift myself. so far it has ran perfect and its not real loud. I also like the camper plug built into. I will say, they are taking a big bite out of Honda, and for good reason. I even notice when I go to county fairs, or nascar races, all the venders would be running Hondas, now the champions outnumber them. are the champions better than Honda or Yamaha? I doubt it, but time will tell. on a side note, I have a Yamaha 1000 and it never really ran good. it kind of turned me off to the yamahas
Old 08-09-2016, 05:33 PM   #22

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamini View Post
the Honda 2000 isn't big enough so I would need 2. now your using twice the gas and the hassle of dragging 2.
It's really not a hassle. Two 50 pound gennies is much easier to deal with than one 65 pound or heavier gennie. Plus I only get both out if I need to run the air conditioning, which isn't too often.

I've never heard anyone complaining about the two Honda 2000 watt gennie combo, until they have to change the oil.
Old 08-09-2016, 05:50 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
It's really not a hassle. Two 50 pound gennies is much easier to deal with than one 65 pound or heavier gennie. Plus I only get both out if I need to run the air conditioning, which isn't too often.

I've never heard anyone complaining about the two Honda 2000 watt gennie combo, until they have to change the oil.
not saying anything wrong with them, me personally, I didn't want to deal with 2
Old 08-09-2016, 06:03 PM   #24

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Most of the time, I don't. Really. Also, like I said, it's lifting 2-50 pound gennies. The Champion website says the 3100 inverter weighs 95 pounds. My guess is filled with oil and gas, it weighs about an even 100 pounds. You can lift that?

I'm in good shape, mid-forties, and have a good back, and I don't lift 100 pounds.

If you say you can lift it, I'll want to see a picture of that.
Old 08-10-2016, 06:44 PM   #25

Quote:
Most of the time, I don't. Really. Also, like I said, it's lifting 2-50 pound gennies. The Champion website says the 3100 inverter weighs 95 pounds. My guess is filled with oil and gas, it weighs about an even 100 pounds. You can lift that?

I'm in good shape, mid-forties, and have a good back, and I don't lift 100 pounds.

If you say you can lift it, I'll want to see a picture of that.
lol...its not that bad, I only lift it waste high to get it in and out...next time I will be sure to send you the video. I have 10 years on you and have no issue lifting it. it doesn't feel no 100 pounds to me, more like 80 or so.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:19 AM   #26

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Sincerely, good for you! I'm happy that folks are in condition to those kinds of things. I know I won't be for the entire rest of my life, so I'm trying to enjoy it all while I can.

How often do you run your air conditioning?

Have you kept track of fuel usage for various needs, like charging batteries vs running the A/C?
Old 08-11-2016, 03:37 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keen Family View Post
Most of the inverter generators are pretty quiet. We have a champion 3100 and are very happy with it.
After several reviews and comparisons - this is the one I bought from Costco today.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:29 PM   #28

Quote:
Sincerely, good for you! I'm happy that folks are in condition to those kinds of things. I know I won't be for the entire rest of my life, so I'm trying to enjoy it all while I can.

How often do you run your air conditioning?

Have you kept track of fuel usage for various needs, like charging batteries vs running the A/C?
no, not really. I will report out after the weekend. I really never paid attention. I do know the 4000/3500 champion runs at least 8 hrs with a/c on a 3.5 gallon tank

Tags
generator